S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hopefully going to be buying an S-10 next month i figured i'd start the search now. I'm hoping to get a step side, 4.3 stick but i hear they are really hard to find. Anyone know how true that is? Also i'm curious, how many of you use your trucks year round, i'm def going to have to use it year round, i figure with some good snow tires and if its not too low it should be fine in the snow, hopefully. Well guess thats all for now thanks in advance for any input.

Jason

·
Registered
795 Posts
orangesonoma said:
my s10 was the best in the snow with small skinny tires...

i drove it every day...and 4.3 sticks are hard to find...but worth the wait...
definately, a good set of snow tires and a little weight in the bed and they go pretty good in the snow, and finding a v6 5spd truck is difficult but worth the wait until you find one, i looked for about 5 months to find a extended cab X with v6/5spd and power windows and all that stuff, its nothing fast but enough to keep me content until the weekend rolls around and i can take the camaro out

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
good to know they do well in the snow, i figured they'd be ok, almost any car with snow tires will do allright. Hopefully i can find an ex cab v-6 manual thats all i really care bout not picky about color, well thanks for the input

·
**** you
9,528 Posts
i rolled around all winter with 205/70/14's and no weight in the bed unless it had just snowed. And i only lost control once at like 5mph, on an ice patch, in a closed park that i was ****ing around in.. I was doin a little snow drifting. And i slid and bounced off a curb.. Otherwise it was fine tho. just stay off the gas and your good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts