S-10 Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Boozebag
9,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Procycle's project is in another dimension. The guy has some amazing talent!
Some day when I return home...

·
Boozebag
9,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
^^^ Thanks for the offer! I'll see how it goes.
I think the hood earned a new name... The bat cave.
Guano under the hood 🤪

·
Boozebag
9,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
^^^ I was thinking of that... but, my weezer Dodge D50 would be challenged.
I towed my dune buggy back from Cali last year, but it only weighed 1300 lbs.
I'm waiting for something to fall in place. I was initial pricing to see how much.
It will all work out somehow.
Like a Honda engine and a BMW transmission in an S10?? FTW???

·
Boozebag
9,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
More pix:
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Locking hubs

Full set of Boyd's wheels

Automotive tire Road surface Motor vehicle Asphalt Line

Battery box and fuel cell. Set up correctly.

Car Speedometer Sky Vehicle Odometer

Can't see that RF fender... Plenty of gauges though

Shoe Automotive tire Motor vehicle Grey Road surface

Small block engine mount plate. Solid mount, no rubber here...
There is a small roll bar behind the seats. Useless? Uh huh.
A PO put a lot of energy into this rig.

K24 Honda power next.

·
Boozebag
9,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
More research...
Drift HQ makes an adapter to go from the BMW Getrag / ZF transmission rubber Giubo to a 3310 spicer type u-joint.
This would then require a custom made one piece drive shaft with a slip joint built in. Easy - so far

Wilwood makes a 70* top swing clutch pedal with their master cylinder - much better than the stock S10 hydraulic clutch assembly. Bolts right the firewall with a support plate. Clutch release solved

An electric external high pressure fuel pump bolted to the chassis - E Pump solved

KPRO engine management system with electronic readout. Totally tunable for any application. Engine control solved.

Complete short shift assembly with tunnel mount box. Has everything to install a BMW shift control for either a ZF or Getrag box. Cut the S10 tunnel, install assembly - done. Shifter solved.

FPRO front facing turbo header - adapt to a 3" pipe for connection to a street exhaust. Exhaust exit solved

Skunk 2 intake manifold. Unbolt throttle body plenum, turn to opposite direction (front facing) and adapts a Ford Mustang 70 MM throttle body. Custom coolant adapter (made by many companies needed)
Re-routes the coolant outlet to forward face. Intake manifold solved.

This truck comes with an aluminum radiator. Adapt hose routing to radiator. Cooling solved.

The rest is stupid stuff - like fab engine and transmission mounts. Never done that before - HA

Electrical wiring, battery connections, external electric disconnection switch. etc., etc.

Only other issue - oil pan placement. Might have to notch the chassis. Not a big problem, but just another mod that may be required.

One thing definite, I don't think there is another (or will be) a K24 powered S10 around... 😮

How about a JZ powered S10?

·
Boozebag
9,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Oh, and a quick note...
I flew to Seattle Washington to meet my GF to drive back to Carson City.
On the way back, stopped in at ProCycle's shop / house in Oregon. Met with him and his wife. Super people!

As I said earlier, the guy's from the outer limits. He has a toy shop with most everything needed to fab just about anything.
Saw his S10 project in person - it really takes a close up visual to appreciate the workmanship and detail going into this project.
Even my GF - who is totally not a car person - was somewhat interested in the "look" of the truck.
Looking from a side view, it really gives you the perspective of how short this truck is. o_O
I can guarantee that it will be a handful to drive if the boost is turned up...

He also built a 1980 Corvette that is powered by a turbo diesel GM engine. Super sano install.
Open hood, came as a GM option, right?
I wish I had taken some pix.
I hope I convinced him to post a link to this project from another forum. Definitely worth a view.
I offered to do the body and paint on the car, we'll see how that goes in the future (when I'm not working)
Next joke.

Anyway, I have a feeling I will be crossing paths with him again - in the future.
More later.

·
Registered
1991 Irregular Cab Short-Short Bed
359 Posts
More research...
Drift HQ makes an adapter to go from the BMW Getrag / ZF transmission rubber Giubo to a 3310 spicer type u-joint.
This would then require a custom made one piece drive shaft with a slip joint built in. Easy - so far

Wilwood makes a 70* top swing clutch pedal with their master cylinder - much better than the stock S10 hydraulic clutch assembly. Bolts right the firewall with a support plate. Clutch release solved

An electric external high pressure fuel pump bolted to the chassis - E Pump solved

KPRO engine management system with electronic readout. Totally tunable for any application. Engine control solved.

Complete short shift assembly with tunnel mount box. Has everything to install a BMW shift control for either a ZF or Getrag box. Cut the S10 tunnel, install assembly - done. Shifter solved.

FPRO front facing turbo header - adapt to a 3" pipe for connection to a street exhaust. Exhaust exit solved

Skunk 2 intake manifold. Unbolt throttle body plenum, turn to opposite direction (front facing) and adapts a Ford Mustang 70 MM throttle body. Custom coolant adapter (made by many companies needed)
Re-routes the coolant outlet to forward face. Intake manifold solved.

This truck comes with an aluminum radiator. Adapt hose routing to radiator. Cooling solved.

The rest is stupid stuff - like fab engine and transmission mounts. Never done that before - HA

Electrical wiring, battery connections, external electric disconnection switch. etc., etc.

Only other issue - oil pan placement. Might have to notch the chassis. Not a big problem, but just another mod that may be required.

One thing definite, I don't think there is another (or will be) a K24 powered S10 around... 😮

How about a JZ powered S10?
Sounds like you've got the whole thing practically done. Just a few tasks left to execute....
No turbo?

The Innovative Racecraft K-member leaves the space under the motor wide open.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Interesting build!!! Tow it yourself and save the cash. I’m sure you’ll thank yourself later.

·
Boozebag
9,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Pro - I want to do the entire install and work out all of the weird stuff. I'm planning to go turbo once it's all organized.
Thanks for the tag for the X member. I'll look it up.

Yowak - I'm thinking about towing, but I don't think my D50 (Mitsubishi) is up to it. It's a 24 hour cruise without any stops.
I've done it before. No fun.

·
Registered
1991 Irregular Cab Short-Short Bed
359 Posts
That 70mm throttle body might be real nice for N/A but could be too big with boost. Makes it more difficult to modulate power delivery at small throttle openings. With boost you don't really need a big throttle body since the air gets forced through it.
Just something to think about...

·
Boozebag
9,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Thanks Pro.
I have several TBs at the shop in Baton Rouge. The guys do a ton of turbo conversions and have all sort of parts left over from various projects. They have everything from adapter plates to 86mm turbos [antique] (!!)
The 70 mm TB is the outer limits for an an N/A application, idle control is a little sketchy.
I am sure I will be "dialing in" the tune on this rig when it is finally at that point.
One of the guys is doing the same swap into my old Chevy LUV.
He got 482 HPs (turbo) out of a mildly tuned K24 on pump gas.
More to come!

21 - 36 of 36 Posts