S-10 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 4.3l v6 1993 sonoma 4x4. And i have a wierd starting problem. The truck will take about 3 to 5 seconds of cranking to start everytime EXCEPT when it was started once recently or if its really really cold. When its really cold or has been started in last 20 mins it will start up soon as key is turned. Ive replaced fuel filter and spark plugs. I thought maybe a fuel pump but my friend swears its not. Any ideas? Thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
dont replace the whole distributor unless the shaft is damaged. if its a spark issue start with cap and rotor. thats cheaper then buy plugs and wires.

·
Registered
12 Posts
if ur fuel pressure is good then its a spark issue. Usually the cpi motors and 98 and up motors with good fuel pump with start right off. Usually.

·
Registered
110 Posts
i replaced cap rotor wires plugs and still had no spark and figured out it was the points or what ever that round thing with the two pin plug on the bottom thing is and wheni got the new one to put in the old one was completly different and they told me it was the wrond dist. so i got the correct one and it started up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts