S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a '97 Blazer with the standard 4.3 vortech V-6 and i want to add a little more power to it, okay so i want alot more power. I know what i want it to do the only problem is i don't know where to start to get what i want. Im not looking to get 400-500 HP out of it, but just enough to beat or atleast keep up with a Trans-Am, mustang, camero. etc... Was hoping some of you could give me some tips, or tell me what you have done to your trucks. Price is not to important as these upgrades will be over the course of the next 6 months, but i really dont want to drop another engine in there and i am trying to stay away from NOS.

Any help is appreciated
Thanks
CS

·
T/A drivin foundin member
538 Posts
thatll help, but will never get you to keep up with an f body. first of all, they have small blocks, and they weigh less. id say gearing, and internals would be your best bet after k&n and exhaust

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
or maybe forced induction.. but your still not gonna be pushin thoes hp numbers safely. without a TON of engine work.

If ya wanna compete with them easily do the best mod you can do... put a lt1 in. and mod that!

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Or just go out and buy a ATI Procharger kit from Mach Performance. That will give you the HP to keep with any f-body made that is stock. If the F-body isn't stock you won't be able to keep up. They kit is like $3999 for the good one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts