S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 4.3 auto blazer from a guy. He said the fuel pump is going out.You have to spray starting fluid to get it to start and then it wants to bog down when you mash the gas. If you feather the peddle you can hit a spot where it picks up good. I don`t think its the fuel pump cause it primes just fine and you can hear it from 10ft away.It also idles just fine. He said he checked fuel press and it would jump from 60psi down to 30 and then repeat it self.I just thought you guys could head me in the right direction.....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I was reading some post on here and a guy had the same problem as me. So i replaced the coil and the icm like he did. It didnt fix me problem but while i was changing the icm i could move the distibutor with little force. Maybe a dumb question but is it suppose to move. If not then maybe i have a timing issue...What do you guys think?

·
Registered
105 Posts
it sounds like the guy you bouht it from was right. i had the same symptoms when my truck needed a fuel pump.
and yes, when you turn your distributor you will change your timing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Even if the fuel pump sounds and runs strong it could still be bad?I personally havent checked the fuel pressure but i dropped the tank and checked the pump. Just asking if the pump could still be bad even if it sounds good when running?I was also told me injectors could be clogged.I have read post on here and it sounds like you have to start replacing parts until you find your problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was talking to a guy at the store today that has a 94 blazer. He said his had the same problem as mine and he replaced the fuel pump after many other parts.He said hjis fuel pump would prime and your could here it working but it was bad.I will replace mine this weekend and post if it fixed the prob.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I replaced the fuel pump and now it won`t start even with starting fluid.I puss the press vavle and it is getting fuel.I took the top part of the motor off to check the injector and it was nasty in there.How do i clean this out?It is worse than the pics show..

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
I agree with 94blazer00, I have come across this problem before, replacing fuel pumps, relays, ignition stuff. Not saying that it is'nt or couldnt be the fuel pump ignition, etc. the fpr is where i would loook next

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am having the same problem with my 03. But I dont even hear the fuel pump priming. What is the GPH for the stock pump. I found a couple fuel pumps at low cost. I was wondering what was the GPH on your new fuel pump? Gallons Per Hour

·
Rated_R
658 Posts
I am having basically the same problem. 2000 blazer 4.3 auto. Fuel filter is brand new. Fuel Pump is brand new. Truck idles fine. Give it alittle gas and its fine. Give it alot of gas and it bogs real bad. After it sits for a while it will be fine then it will start doing it again.

·
Registered
108 Posts
have yall checked the MAF sensor cause if thats screwed up then you can have the same problem...mine did the same thing and i went throgh all the problems and replacing different parts and finially i got it right with the maf and the funny thing is that it never gave me a check engine light.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts