S-10 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i picked up a '95 Balzer a month ago and the pre-owner said the starter needed replacing and he had one but hadnt changed it yet.

Issues it had that made me think it wasnt the starter

Hard start but sluggish
Flickering dash lights
Rough idle

So after about a month of having the truck i got around to changing the starter he gave me last night i still didnt think it was the issue but it was a free part so why not put it in

the truck now runs like new the dash lights stop freaking out and the idle is like new all we did was change the freaking starter everything i ever learned about cars says this shouldnt of fixed all these issue with a starter

im so confused but hey my truck runs great

·
Registered
2000 Blazer SAS
385 Posts
When you replaced it two weeks ago, did it make any difference in the way the truck ran? I know that sometimes disconnecting the battery and "resetting" the PCM can temporarily "fix" problems.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
About the same amount of time with the battery disconnected when I replaced it and the starter... I'm thinking the start had a power draw and the motor on it was going out buts that's all I can think of that could maybe cause all those issues and fix it with just a starter

1 - 7 of 7 Posts