S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Too damn old for this sh*
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a standard cab and I am facing the common problem of little space.:mad: I have seen an awsome pic of a standard cab system (attached) but don't know how it was fabricated.

How have you guys handled the small space issue? I'm about 6'3" so I have to have the seat all the way back. Post your pics and some plans if you got em'.

·
Ranger Member
41 Posts
Wow,that is a very nice setup. It looks to me like that has been cut out into the bed. I understand the need for legroom,and a cutout may be a very good solution if your willing to do it.

Good luck:)

·
Registered
287 Posts
Here's mine:

http://members.cardomain.com/jeffyboy78

Sorry, but not much in the way of plans. I could have made the boxes more shallow, too, if I wasn't running beefy subs. Thunder 7000s have big ole cast aluminum baskets on them. Let me know what you think.

Jeff

·
"GOT RICE?"
271 Posts
Here's mine..real simple and looks ok. Sounds really good too!!! Could take out jack to fit more speakers, but I didn't want to.

Attachments

·
Moving Violationz NE Member
354 Posts
I posted mine a long time ago and It still won't let me post a pic of it.

Is there anyway I can re post it!! Seems to not let me do it

·
audio, video, and a boatload of knowhow
12 Posts
I don't know how much bass your looking for but I have a JL8ib4 (8") in each door of my 89 standard cab. I dynamatted the hell out of my doors. I also have 4"components in the dash. You would be amazed at the out put it gives. I would compare it to a single 10. Plus I like telling everyone I have my subs in the door. There is absolutely no localization. Sub frequency just radiates in the cab unlike many systems with subs directly behind the seat. FYI I have them running 120 Hz and down.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Thanks for the compliment . . . I'll make sure to pass it on . . . to myself and my little brother :D

Jeff

·
The Tool All The Pro's Use!!
303 Posts
I'm facing the same problem with limited space in my reg. cab due to being the same hieght as the original post. I know it's not a huge amount of space but I did notice that there is a rather nice pocket of air behind each of the B-pillars behind the seats. I don't see why you couldn't use this air to allow for smaller boxes although you would have to remove the jack if you're going to use the air on the passenger side, as well as block off the area where the seat belt comes out of. If anyone has any info on wether or not this will work let me know, I've got some experience in car audio and I don't see why this wouldn't work, so if anyone more experienced could point out why it won't then that's going to be the route I'm taking when I install my system.

·
"Phat"boy
1,240 Posts
To you guys who have built your own...

could you give me dimensions. I am going to build my own here pretty soon, and I just want ideas. I know everyone's truck and preference is different. I just want to get ideas of how to go.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Gimmie a few more days, I'll be done with mine...depending on how long it takes to get back from the body shop

·
Too damn old for this sh*
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Maybe in a couple of months I'll do something to my audio. I was thinking of going with two 10" Infinity Perfects. What ya think?
Know of an amp that can push 250-300W to each?

·
Registered
41 Posts
i took out my jack and ran a box all the way across for 2 10's and they hit hard and it your back is hurting turn the gain up on the amo and scoot the seats back and the seats turn into a massager

·
Registered
287 Posts
Man, do those perfects a favor and give 'em way more than 300 watts apiece. Forget what they're rated for. I had almost 800 watts going to a single 12" Perfect and it took it fine. Had to be careful with it, but it took it. Those tens will be happy (and so will you) with 450 or better . . .

Jeff

·
The Tool All The Pro's Use!!
303 Posts
Just so you guys know Kicker makes some boxes for the square woofers that'll easily fit behind the seats and are easily hidden from view.

·
Registered
41 Posts
how about two 15's in a bandpass box in the bed with the ports coming through the back wall? I have 2 old Kicker C-15 8 ohms and I think I'm gonna do that. Plus that will help traction problems by putting weight over the rear wheels!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts