S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here's to all you Stanard Cab Xtremer's, I was really thinking about putting a 10 or two behind my seats, I would like to know what yall have done behind your seats, if you have pics post them please. I wanna check out the cool installs and let me in some cool ways to have good bass. Give me some pointers. Thanks!

·
Banned
18,005 Posts
i have a 10" rockford in Q-logic box behind driver seat, punch 120 amp on trim panel behind pass headrest, and pioneer 6 disc behind drivers headrest on trim panel

Attachments

·
Registered
893 Posts
Ive got a eclipse 10" in a sealed custom fabbed box behind the drivers seat with PPI2360 powerin the thing. Also had bass blackers to remove the lower frequencies from the other speakers. Sorry no pics yet, but the amp and baox fixe very snug between jack case and side wall.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
2 10" behind seat

i've got 2 10" polk dx subs and a kenwood 60 watt amp behind my seat.i lost very little room.the box was custom built by me.the amp is mounted over jack box.i've got lots of complements on it.its sounds great too.i dont have any pics right now but i'll try to get some soon.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Could someone please tell me why I can't see any pics on this forum? I could the other day but I can't now..:(

***Never mind it works now :)***

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
i have a mtx thunderform with a 10 inch sub and a 100 watt amp built into the hard plastic box, it hits hard as hell for what it is and i lose NO LEG ROOM AT ALL!

·
Registered
9 Posts
ive got 1 12" mtx 8000s

·
Registered
9 Posts
sorry ive got 2 12" mtx 8000s

·
Registered
287 Posts
Here's my cardomain page:

http://members.cardomain.com/jeffyboy78

I've got two 10" 8-ohm MTX Thunder 7000s run off an MTX Thunder 2300. Also the Punch 200x2 runs boston highs at 2 ohm mono. Probably total around 1200 watts RMS (800ish from the MTX and 400 rated from the Punch).

Jeff

·
Registered
224 Posts
hmmm....

I see that one of you has lost no leg room, how bout the rest of you? Also, what is the number of the box, as I want to put some sounds in my truck, but can NOT afford to lose legroom!

·
Registered
287 Posts
I lost a little bit of legroom, but the amprack makes it nearly impossible to lay my seat back even a little bit. That's one advantage to being short, though.

Jeff

·
Say lowered d
1,349 Posts
I've got an MTX 12" 4000 behind each seat. Getting two Planet Audio 600 watt amps to power em, just looking for a place to put those. I cant put it between the two deats, cause thats where my nitrous bottle is going when NOS develops a system for it!!!!:thumbup: :D I lost a few clicks on the seat, but it doesnt sound too bad in there though.

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
I have truck wedge box w/ a 12" rockford. My punch 100 amp shoved under the drivers seat...I have the two box setup...one for each side..but I only have one of them in there...If i ever cut the jack mounts out I would put the other on in....:confused:

·
Registered
224 Posts
how tall are you guys??

Im not a giant or anything, but I really cant afford any leg room. Do those "thundeform" boxes lose any legroom? I just want one ten-jus a little punch.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm 5'9" and its a lil of a squeeze, but well worth it :)

Attachments

·
Registered
224 Posts
hmmm

no offense, it's not worth it to me. I am 6'0, and there isnt enough room in the damn thing to start with. Plus I use my truck, and I end up putting portfolios and folders behind the seat. I think I'm just gonna find one ten with the smallest needed airspace and put it behnd the pass seat

1 - 20 of 26 Posts