S-10 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Dropped Dime
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got this email about a blower for my 4.3:

We do have a blower kit, which is set up with a 471. However our blowers need fuel above the blower, so a single throttle body system can be used. This will require running a stand alone fuel system.

what all would i need to hook up my blower, anyone think i should switch to a carb. or what.

·
Got Fuel Rails?
4,539 Posts
I'd run fuel injection. I like the fact that it has feedback through o2 sensors, and making changes can be done with programing. Also, there are a bunch of sensor's that can be logged to figure out how the engine is running.

You should be able to tune the stock computer. Or you can go to a standalone. One of the advantages of a standalone is that they will run off of a wideband for fuel control. This makes it easier to tune in, allows leaner than 14.7:1 air fuel ratios for cruie, and can allow wot closed loop fuel control. The standalones can also usualy be set up for 2-3bar map sensor, so the computer can read boost. Not sure if there are hacked stock operating systems, or if you have to half map all of the tables. Cheepest will probably be megasquirt, they get more expensive from the big name companies like holley, accel, fast, bigstuff 3, electromotive, ect.

Edit, that looks like one clean first gen you have there:tup:

·
Dropped Dime
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what is a stand alone fuel management system, i have no idea what it is, so so far i need a new computer right? can i hook it up with my TBI? if so do i need to just get some bigger injectors like one from a 350. Im completely new to the whole boost thing so i have no idea.

·
Got Fuel Rails?
4,539 Posts
It is a tuneable computer that controls fuel events, and usualy ignition events also. It will be custom tuned to your engine, and setup.

It replaces your stock computer. You can use it to control your stock tbi, and you can probably use most of your factory sensors.
The first page here: http://hotrod.com/howto/113_0504_efi/
This one isn't mentioned, it is much more afordable: http://www.megasquirt.info/

Or tune your stock computer. You will need to run a 2 bar map sensor to do it "properly".

Edit, depending on power goals you might step up to 350 injectors, or even 454 injectors depending on how much air you move.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts