S-10 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all. I recently started having this odd issue. Whenever i turn into like a parking lot or a driveway, basically into a sloped surface, and then shift into reverse, my check gauges light flashes followed by my battery light and then the oil pressure drops to 0 and the truck turns off. It only happens after i go on an elevated surface. Has anyone else ever had this issue or any idea what it could be?

·
Registered
99 Blazer
379 Posts
Since the oil is full, the oil light is probably just coming on when the RPM's are too low as it's stalling. I would diagnose the stalling and forget about the oil light for now. I doubt your battery hold down has anything to do with it. Checking the wires for rubbing at the back of the head is good advice. I would also look into cleaning the throttle body and checking the IAC operation.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guy! I'll definitely get started on trying those 2 things out tomorrow. The throttle body was actually cleaned too but I'll check out the IAC op and see if that could be the culprit. I'll update tomorrow!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Checked that out, all is well. However I think i may have found the issue. The bracket that holds the battery in place is missing the bolt to hold it down. Any clue what bolt i need?
The bolt is GM 15678970. It is likely M8-1.25. There are 2 or 3 other components likely missing, including a nut. That bolt can fail due to rust. I had the # available because I replaced it once on an S-truck when I noticed half or more of the shaft had rusted away.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Awesome! I actually ended up purchasing the whole kit with a new nut and bolt as well as a new battery tray since mine was super old and beat. I'll be replacing the whole thing over the weekend 👍🏻

1 - 16 of 16 Posts