S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I put a stage one jet chip on me 99 4.3 and i didnt notice anything has anyone put one on and notice anything if so where. I think i will sell mine so i can use the money for better things.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
The stg I is really nothing. Try and sell it. I have a Jet II in my ole
Slonoma. It made a lil difference, but not much. By the way, screw
JET Performance. I have my reasons..

·
Medium-size Truckin
4,783 Posts
back in my ricer days i had eclipse....put a jet chip on there b/c i couldnt find anything else to boost performance, not only did it do absolutely nothing for the h/p, it fried my ECU.....so *F* jet Performance i am with bg's!

·
Medium-size Truckin
4,783 Posts
anyone know the best chip for the s-10's? hpp3 will do nothing for my performance because I cant adjust my shift points, i hear a lot about Mach performance or something like that if anyone could give me some help that would be awesome...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the advice fellas i think i might get the scu from jet for a good price if it will get rid of the top speed limiter i hate that thing. Any ideas i dont really like the idea of the hpp3 but i might have to be done any other chip that are good that actully get rid of the limiter

·
StraightEdge
503 Posts
just have your computer reprogrammed. yes it's more expencive, but it'll give you more power then a chip, AND get rid of your limiter. but i don't think it's good w/ emission testing. so you'll have to check w/ local laws.

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
none of the chips get rid of the limiter, but i believe the HPP3 raises it to 128, and a custom reflash can raise it so high, its the equivalent of not having one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts