S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my ss for about a month and a half now. It's a great truck aside from my deceitful gas guage and no turn signals. I did the throttle body mod and i can't believe the difference it's made. It's got around 210,000 miles on it. About two weeks ago, I drove to my buddy's house. When I was about to leave, it wouldn't start. No crank nothing. Acted like a dead battery. My brother came to jump me and still nothing. So I let it sit overnight expecting to get it towed in the morning, but instead it started right up. It stayed running and started fine for the next week. Then driving home, I blew the doors off a Durango. When I got home and shut it off and came back out to leave again, no crank. I let it sit for a few days and sure enough it started up. Went throughout the day running great and starting great. Got to my boyfriends house and was about to take a load to the new house, no crank nothing. Tried tapping the starter, tried bouncing it around. Nothing. I even pushed it down the road to get it to start. It sat for a few more days and started today but I'm scared to keep running it. Not sure if it's the starter or the relay

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The battery is fine and the alternator is fine. I've noticed that it tries to crank when tapping the relay, and I was also told the starter may be overheating because of the location but that doesn't quite make sense to me

1 - 3 of 3 Posts