S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know where i can get the ss cowl hood for the cheapest? again this will be for a 2002 xtreme. and what am I looking at to paint it(cost) thanks

·
I'd Rather be Blown than Injected
251 Posts
It cost me $1000.00 by the time it was put on.

·
I'd Rather be Blown than Injected
251 Posts
Hood Pic

Painted & installed

Attachments

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
now what is the name of the hood, the one that rises higher as you get towards the windshield. The one that majority of people have, is that one any cheaper? and who makes that one. I thought that was the ss cowl hood. Sorry for the wrong name

·
Registered
113 Posts
almost all of Cervini's hoods are the same price, i have the above, i think it's just called ss cowl induction, it was $439, $85 to ship, so were all the other hoods for s series trucks, fits decent though, i give it an 8 for an aftermarket hood

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
just curious, what do you guys do with your factory hood? did you guys sell it, and how much did you get?

a friend of mine's got a mustang and he's got a cown induction hood from a mustang shop. what he did was trade in his factory hood for a fiberglass cowl induction hood. got a hell of a deal cos of the trade in.

this might be the way to go if you're on a budget.

·
Registered
113 Posts
good question, mine was crushed to bits in the crash!!!!!!!!!!!:dunno:

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
that hood looks great on an xtreme. From the pictures of the hood on the web site , i did not think it would look that good but that ram air hood looks awsome

·
frame layin member
1,217 Posts
joe_villa said:
just curious, what do you guys do with your factory hood? did you guys sell it, and how much did you get?

a friend of mine's got a mustang and he's got a cown induction hood from a mustang shop. what he did was trade in his factory hood for a fiberglass cowl induction hood. got a hell of a deal cos of the trade in.

this might be the way to go if you're on a budget.
i sold my factory hood for 225 and i only paid about 335 for my ss hood so ive got 110 in it not to bad huh?

·
frame layin member
1,217 Posts
nah somebody on the net.

·
Registered
893 Posts
goodmark is a good hood manufacturer...the make the cowl hoods....i prefer the gen II cuz the curves work better with the rest of the body..IMO UDLOSE...thats one of the few hoods I think look good...nice pick

1 - 14 of 14 Posts