S-10 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i had a set of torque thrust II 17x10.5 rears and 17x 9.5 fronts....obviously a problem for a stock 87 shortbed. What can i do to make them fit? Also fronts dont fit bc of dust cap and bearing housing on rotor...can i swith to a camaro rotor to fix this? Also can i use a spacer in rear or swap out the rear end to another one like a camaro to compensate some of the offset and backspacing? From spot on wheel where it meets hub to the backside of tire is 7.5"...really love the wheels and they will look great if i can come up with a alternativg that is relatively inexpensive...PLEASE HELP! LOL

·
Registered
10,370 Posts
What year Camaro? If its a 93-02 then you'll need about 2.5" spacers front and rear to make them work. Possibly 3" for the rear since they are 10.5" wide.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well they r off of a 2002+ ss i believe. From the flat on the inside of wheel to the out side measures as follows......

Front----7"
Rear-----7.5"

I was told to switch to a 4x4 rear end which is suppose to be wider? Then i cud run less spacer. Im bolting in a built 327 so i dont want any issues w the spacers and a high hp motor. Now my biggest prob is the front wheels bc those rims arent gonna fit over bearing housing on rotor...they where made for a flat face rotor. How or what do i need specifically to fix that problem?? Any bolt on parts that interchange? Read something about caprice spindles but then that said u need to get custom upper a arms or something...then there is the issue of those rotors being 5x5 i think. I know they make a rotor for my 68 c10 that will fit a truck spindle and bring down the pattern to 4.75 but im starting to get lost.....PLEASE HELP!!! LOL

·
goin broke but n style
12,942 Posts
you will need a 2.0-2.5" spacer for the frt for it to fit properly so that spacer will put the wheel out far enough it wont have an issue bolting up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts