S-10 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
4 bangin and love it
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These subs any good? i bought a Audiobahn bandbass box that had some SS Autotek 12's in it, and they seem like they're ok, but i feel like i should be gettin way more thump out of them. I'm usin a 1000w Xplod if it makes a difference.

·
Bobby B!!!
320 Posts
are they dual voice coils? how many ohms are the voice coils and whats the peak power of the sub? it would be nice to have that info.

·
bah humbug
401 Posts
why would it be nice to have the peak power? It means nothing. It's what called a "marketting gimmick" The most useless thing ever thought up.

Now, if you were able to give us product model numbers, and perhaps we could help you from there.

Also, I would suggest that the likelyhood that an "audiobahn" bandpass box isn't designed properly for another companies subwoofers is rather high.

·
goin broke but n style
12,942 Posts
I had a friend back in the day bought 2 12 of that brand. had a ported box built for them. only had a 500 watt memphis amp on them and they hit hard as hell and was very clear. I am not sure if his were dual voice coil or not.

You may not have the right box for them.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
18,047 Posts
The biggest issue you are going to have is that its a Junk sub, in a Junk box, powered by a Junk amplifier.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
The biggest issue you are going to have is that its a Junk sub, in a Junk box, powered by a Junk amplifier.
Agreed, back when i used to work at a audio shop in the da hood. we would sell these to all the brothas that wanted loud. dirty sounding, but can be loud if thats what you want

·
bah humbug
401 Posts
wow, really smooth. You could have at least sprinkled some sugar on the tip before ramming it down his throat.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
18,047 Posts
should I have said that they are sweet sweet piles of junk?

·
4 bangin and love it
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah, they aint great, and its all used, but i've only got $250 in my whole system, headunit, 4x6's,6x9's subs and amp.

and i dont know any of the stats, i still havent pulled them from the box.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts