S-10 Forum banner

SS-10

85K views 981 replies 42 participants last post by  ProCycle 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Just picked up a new to me jalopy of a short wheelbase S10. 252,000 miles on it.

I built this Turbo Slant Six a couple of years ago but have been undecided where to plant it.

All details are up in the air at this point but I'm thinking of ending up with something similar to this one - which I have photochopped.

Text Yellow Font

See less See more
#651 ·
I'm guessing with a 3 you'd be going sequential... Maybe I missed it but how are you doing the cam sensor?

#653 ·
Is that easier than modifying a distributor? That's what I've seen on a lot of conversions.

#656 ·
Great news for me - unrelated to this build. Mrs ProCycle and I have officially retired. Yup! Sold the business and are moving on to the next chapter.
I'd say it will give me more time to work on my projects but I really haven't been going in to work for about 3 years. So I guess I'm already adjusted to retirement life.

#661 ·
I used to work in PCB production and thankfully I was never a full time board stuffer, I am still pretty good at it. I did the MS3x assembly in one sitting, then the stim boards were a lot simpler. After doing the initial checks, everything started up no problem first go.

Shortly after I built it I got sent away and didn't really want to bring the thing back and forth on the plane so I've been working with my Raspberry Pi which will eventually serve as all body I/O (TunerStudio, gauges, lights, etc... Going to be very simple wiring wise while being very flexible for modification via software (CANbus for most everything) Software is my weak side so this should be a challenge. My build is going to take much longer than yours lol.

Reactions: ProCycle
#667 ·
Part of the reason I'm building my harness from scratch, only installing the wires I need. Also prefer to wire from the engine back to the computer instead of the other way around.

Good idea on the motorcycle switch!

#670 ·
What throttle body are you using?

#672 ·
I can't tell from the pic but are you running a MAF?

#674 ·
Cool. My Fiesta has a MAF/IAT combo sensor, been contemplating using one of those.

#678 · (Edited)
One reason I went with the MS3 Pro Evo is so I could get the more sophisticated traction control. I've been thinking about how to put a speed sensor on a front wheel. There isn't much to work with. Then I looked closer at the vanes inside the brake rotor. It looked like a Hall Effect sensor could fit right in there.

So I chucked the brake rotor in the lathe and squared off the edges of the vanes.
Automotive tire Wood Gas Stairs Bumper

And made a VERY simple bracket to hold the sensor.
Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire