S-10 Forum banner

121 - 140 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
1991 Reg Cab ShortShort Bed
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
Thanks guys. It does need some fine tuning. I'm going to drill new mounting holes for the batwing 1 inch lower. Doing that will solve a bunch of close clearance problems.

I also made some progress on the brakes.

·
Old Fart
3,616 Posts
I know. I just have a severe dislike for people that are like.....Why'd you do that? You should have done this using this like this and this murmurmur...... Shut the hell up.
Well Mo, You know the old saying, opinions are like a++holes, everyone has one and they all stink! 🤣 🤣 🤣

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #128 (Edited by Moderator)
I tend to get that sort of initial reaction to my projects. It takes a while for some folks to see where I'm going with it. Check out the first page of this thread right here!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
Today I started working on the tail end of the frame and a support for the nose of the differential.

CNC plasma table cutting some plates to support the rear of the frame.

Cut pieces

Plasma cut brackets for the diff support

Differential support complete and tack welded in place

At least half of my day was spent 'head scratching'. Mocking up different things to figure out a clean simple way to hold up the nose of the differential.
I'm pretty happy with the results. It also adds some much needed frame bracing with little weight penalty

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
I did the nesting manually in AutoCad. I don't think the PlasmaCAM software I have does nesting but I'm just beginning to learn my way around it.

·
Registered
2000 2.2l sonoma Brand new motor
125 Posts
Just checked out the engine build thread, i loved it, a motor that old needed some love! Watching this thread closely :)

·
Old Fart
3,616 Posts
It must be nice to have tools like that to use, I just scraped up enough money to upgrade to a better welding helmet with a larger viewing area and more adjustments in hopes of improving my welding since I have been having trouble seeing what I'm doing. 😉

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
It must be nice to have tools like that to use, I just scraped up enough money to upgrade to a better welding helmet with a larger viewing area and more adjustments in hopes of improving my welding since I have been having trouble seeing what I'm doing. 😉
Yes, it is. I made my mind up 40+ years ago to acquire the tools and equipment be able to make stuff with metal. I started out with an oxy/acetylene torch and bench top lath/mill combo. Slowly over the years I bought more equipment at auctions and estate sales, upgrading equipment whenever I could. My shop stuff made me a few bucks on the side until at one point I had the capabilities to do most any metal fabrication or machine work and I was able to quit my regular job and make a business out of it. That grew and evolved to where the business runs itself and I can have fun in my playground

·
Old Fart
3,616 Posts
Sometimes it's surprising how much a small improvement in equipment can make a big improvement in the end results.
Yes, I wish I could afford to replace my Lincoln 135 mig with a Miller Matic. 🤣

121 - 140 of 142 Posts