It's getting real close to time for a first test drive. I've topped up the transmission fluid, engine oil. Bled the brakes. Gone over it and tightened a bunch of fasteners I'd left loose because I was figuring some things would have to come apart again.
This afternoon I'm working on the alignment.
A few years ago I made some swivel plates so I could do DYI alignments instead of trusting some shop monkey to get it right.
these are 3/16 hot rolled steel, 1/4" plywood with 3/8" holes for a bearing cage and some 3/8" ball bearings.
I set the rear camber using a good digital level and then set the rear toe with... A LASER!
The attached PDF is good 'how to' write up for anyone who's interested.
I realized it would work good for the front as well.
I set up boards on jack stands (like in the pic) one 12 feet ahead of the front axle and another 12 feet behind. It made it super easy to change the toe accurately in tiny amounts.
I popped the 5v reference voltage fuse trying to get the fuel gauge calibrated. No big deal, but the Megasquirt case has to be opened up to replace the fuse.
While I was preparing to do that the needle nose pliers slipped out of my hand and fell tips first on to the circuit board. That obliterated a surface mount resistor and capacitor.
Should be easy enough to fix once I find the specs for those components. In the meantime I'm dead in the water... 💩
C123 and R274
Just went through this thread from start to end (slow day at work today lol). What a super awesome and unique build! It reminds me a lot of the Slant 6 swapped Miata that Uncle Tony's Garage (YouTube channel and mopar nut) did but you did a much nicer job with your fabrication and finish work. Thank you for sharing! Very cool