S-10 Forum banner
741 - 759 of 759 Posts

·
Registered
1991 Irregular Cab Short-Short Bed
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #742 ·
The paid version. It's got some useful features. Got it bundled with the Log Viewer.
And just upgraded to the "Ultimate" version and the "HD" version of Megalogviewer. Because, why not?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #743 · (Edited)
It's getting real close to time for a first test drive. I've topped up the transmission fluid, engine oil. Bled the brakes. Gone over it and tightened a bunch of fasteners I'd left loose because I was figuring some things would have to come apart again.

This afternoon I'm working on the alignment.
A few years ago I made some swivel plates so I could do DYI alignments instead of trusting some shop monkey to get it right.
these are 3/16 hot rolled steel, 1/4" plywood with 3/8" holes for a bearing cage and some 3/8" ball bearings.
Manhole cover Rectangle Manhole Road surface Wood
+

I set the rear camber using a good digital level and then set the rear toe with... A LASER!

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Table Wood Hat Dress Outdoor furniture

The attached PDF is good 'how to' write up for anyone who's interested.

Attachments

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #745 · (Edited)
Here's what I ended up with for alignment numbers. This is just a starting point based on nothing but guesswork.

Front camber -1.3 deg both sides
Left caster 6.3 deg
Right caster 6.8 deg
Front toe out 0.040"
Rear camber -1.0 deg both sides
Rear toe in 0.125"

·
Boozebag
10,315 Posts
Sounds like you're set to go road racing... ;)

I need to set my Mitsubishi up with those numbers... at least in the front.
BTW, excellent info for alignment. Tnx. (y)

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #747 ·
BTW, excellent info for alignment. Tnx. (y)
After blasting out the rear toe with the LASER
Automotive lighting Vehicle Machine Cylinder Font
I realized it would work good for the front as well.
I set up boards on jack stands (like in the pic) one 12 feet ahead of the front axle and another 12 feet behind. It made it super easy to change the toe accurately in tiny amounts.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #752 ·
DOH!
I popped the 5v reference voltage fuse trying to get the fuel gauge calibrated. No big deal, but the Megasquirt case has to be opened up to replace the fuse.
While I was preparing to do that the needle nose pliers slipped out of my hand and fell tips first on to the circuit board. That obliterated a surface mount resistor and capacitor.
Should be easy enough to fix once I find the specs for those components. In the meantime I'm dead in the water... 💩
C123 and R274

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #755 ·
That sucks, it's usually not easy to get low quantities of those components. Look to be 0603.
A few bucks for a strip 10 on eBay.
I'm waiting on word back from Diyautotune to learn what the specs are.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #756 ·
That sucks, it's usually not easy to get low quantities of those components. Look to be 0603.
Yes, 0603 SMDs I got the numbers and ordered them from Digi-Key. 20 cents for 10 resistors and 77 cents for 10 capacitors.
I think I'm getting off pretty easy.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Just went through this thread from start to end (slow day at work today lol). What a super awesome and unique build! It reminds me a lot of the Slant 6 swapped Miata that Uncle Tony's Garage (YouTube channel and mopar nut) did but you did a much nicer job with your fabrication and finish work. Thank you for sharing! Very cool :)

741 - 759 of 759 Posts