S-10 Forum banner
701 - 720 of 759 Posts

·
Registered
1991 Irregular Cab Short-Short Bed
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #703 ·
Taking my first baby steps on setting up the Megasquirt. Calibrating various sensors so the MS has good data to work with.
Got the base timing set, AFR wideband, throttle position, coolant temperature, intake temperature, manifold pressure, barometric pressure.
Next is to rig up some plumbing fittings to calibrate fuel pressure and oil pressure sensors.
Computer Personal computer Laptop Motor vehicle Hood

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #707 ·
Pro, getting close to run time?
I wish I was there to hear the first pop...
Getting closer. I still have more preliminary setup stuff to do. Need to make an injector test rig and verify the flow numbers of the injectors. At the same time I'll do some testing to calculate the injector dead time. Plenty of time for you road trip on over here and be a witness!

·
Boozebag
10,315 Posts
Pro, The shop has an injector test machine. They (we) use it almost daily. If you want to send your injectors here, we can verify the flow rate, spray pattern and volume they spray. It would save you the time and effort to either buy or develop a machine to do the work...
I could return them the same day.
The test only takes about 30 minutes.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #710 ·
@Mad Max , I appreciate the offer but the testing is all part of the journey. I don't really have to make a 'machine'. I'll use the truck. That way the tests will be run with the same fuel pump and pressure regulator as will be running in the truck. Plus, it will be a good opportunity to check for leaks or other problems with the fuel system.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #717 ·
Well, I was this -->||<-- close to trying the first startup but...
I made all the bores in the fuel rail slightly too big. Start up the fuel pump and fuel squirts out past the orings at the injectors. Bummer.
I'm going to try some slightly fatter orings (on order). If that doesn't do it I'll have to make a new, better fuel rail.

701 - 720 of 759 Posts