·
Registered
268 Posts
Awesome build

Reactions: ProCycle

·
time to get cereal
5,650 Posts
That thing would make it real easy to do some mechanical gauges, that's for sure.

·
time to get cereal
5,650 Posts
Yeah, except it has to be easily removable. The gauges would have to have some sort of quick disconnect...
That's true, you know what they say about both having and eating cake.

·
Hardhead
961 Posts
That's a lot of work to move the engine back. I'd like something along the lines of a doghouse to give me better access to the trans bolts, distributor, etc., in my truck. I'd thought about just cutting a section from another cab and using it to cover the opening in the original cab but I don't think it would be structurally sound without a lot of reinforcement to the opening. A lot of work for a little gain if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
1991 Irregular Cab Short-Short Bed
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #552 ·
That's a lot of work to move the engine back. I'd like something along the lines of a doghouse to give me better access to the trans bolts, distributor, etc., in my truck. I'd thought about just cutting a section from another cab and using it to cover the opening in the original cab but I don't think it would be structurally sound without a lot of reinforcement to the opening. A lot of work for a little gain if you know what I mean.
Yeah, when I first cut that big hole in the firewall and floorpan what was left was really flimsy. It's super solid now but there's also a lot more metal than it started with.

·
time to get cereal
5,650 Posts
When does production start? How much for a down payment on one?

Reactions: ProCycle

·
Registered
1991 Irregular Cab Short-Short Bed
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #556 ·
No work will happen in the next 3 weeks or so, off doing some more traveling. Heading to Colorado for a weekend shindig with some of Mrs ProCycle's childhood friends.
We worked in a little detour to meet up with @Mad Max and had a great afternoon sipping beers and telling stories. Thanks for the beers Max!

Camped last night at a farm outside of Fallon Nevada. It's pretty smoky from the Lake Tahoe fire.
Sky Cloud Ecoregion Vehicle Plant

Got lost in the corn maze
Plant community Plant People in nature Sky Grass

Did not try the Crick-ettes
Font Publication Advertising Packaging and labeling Box

541 - 560 of 583 Posts