S-10 Forum banner
381 - 400 of 982 Posts
Discussion starter · #381 · (Edited)
Bump...
Need... more... progress...

Addiction sux! Ha
Some day soon. Right now I'm on a long awaited road trip to Arizona.

Mrs ProCycle went soaring in Tehachapi

Yesterday we checked out the Dwarf Car Museum --> Dwarf Car Museum | Maricopa, AZ
That was awesome and amazing.

I hope to take plenty of time getting back to Oregon. The plan is to drive no more than a couple hundred miles in a day and then when we stop spend a couple days exploring around.

Grand Canyon tomorrow. Then who knows. Maybe up 395 or maybe up through the middle of Nevada.

I saw his 46 Ford convertible at a car show a few years ago, his work is amazing. I hope I can do what you are doing someday.

Discussion starter · #383 ·
I saw his 46 Ford convertible at a car show a few years ago, his work is amazing. I hope I can do what you are doing someday.
There was another guy there who actually built the blue car in the third photo. Not Ernie Adams but obviously very inspired by Ernie's work. That car was a couple of notches finer than the Ernie cars. I chatted with the old guy for quite a while. He has about 3000 hours in creating that car. Much of that time is spent making jigs, fixtures and templates. I was admiring the beautiful chrome bumpers. They were created out of 1/8" steel flat stock with a torch, some fixtures and a big hammer. Then ground perfectly smooth, polished and chromed.

Crazy stuff!
Nice that you could make the time for a "cruising" vacation.
Great pix too!
If you come up 395 through Nevada, I'm currently on assignment in Carson City, NV.
There's a few decent brew pubs here. Stop in for a pint or several - on me...

Discussion starter · #385 ·
Crazy stuff!
Nice that you could make the time for a "cruising" vacation.
Great pix too!
If you come up 395 through Nevada, I'm currently on assignment in Carson City, NV.
There's a few decent brew pubs here. Stop in for a pint or several - on me...
I'd like to take you up on that beer. It could happen...
We nixed taking 395 or driving through Vegas to avoid the heat. We're going with plan "C". North into Utah and west through St George and probably over to Tonopah.

Chillin' just south of the grand canyon for the next few days.

In 1979 I camped in the same area on my way home from having my new 620 Datsun turbocharged by AK Miller.

Reactions: ProCycle
Ak Miller - wow... A blast from the past!
Haven't heard his name in a while.
He was a pretty cool guy and took me for a ride in his fox body mustang that he converted to propane and turboed. It was very quick for the time.

Yeah, I think of the past and now.
Crazy technology advancement.
Miller was so far ahead of the times - today?
Meh
That Datsun pickup surprised quite a few people especially a red 78 Corvette driver that thought he could keep me from passing him. šŸ¤£

Man, that won't work for my 600lb life.

Discussion starter · #394 ·
One thing I did last month is I bought a pair of Christini 450DS 2-wheel-drive motorcycles. Got 'em through a government surplus auction and drove from Oregon to Arkansas and back to bring them home.
These were ex-border patrol bikes and have been very neglected and obviously 'maintained' by neanderthals. Still, they will make interesting projects and are unique and rare.

Discussion starter · #396 ·
The front wheel is cable/bevel gear drive? I've seen some 2wd mountain bikes and Rokons but never any of these.
Dual drive shafts with ring and pinion at each side of the front hub. See them in front of the forks in tha last photo. Christini also makes 2WD bicycles with a similar drive system.

I have several Rokon 340s, but they aren't the 2x2 drives.
I also have the only known Rokon Rotary powered experimental bike. It was confirmed by the Rokon factory employees.

First time I've heard or seen a Chrisitini.
Looks like a 4 stroke/water cooled (?)
Proprietary engine/transmission or are they sourced from another manufacturer?

Great find and very interesting!.

Discussion starter · #399 ·
The engine & chassis are "Asiawing". Pretty faithful Chinese copies of Honda CRF450X. Unlike most Chinese motorcycle copies the build quality is very good. I'd say it's 98% on par in most areas as a real Honda. Except for the specialized Christini components everything is directly compatible with Honda replacement parts.

I've been following Christini for years. Always stopped in the Christini booth at the big 'Dealer Expo' motorcycle trade show and have talked to Steve Christini several times. I even considered signing up to be a Christini dealer but at the time I was phasing out the service and repair aspect of my business and couldn't do that and sell Christini products too.

381 - 400 of 982 Posts