S-10 Forum banner

341 - 360 of 391 Posts

·
Registered
1991 Irregular Cab Short-Short Bed
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #341
I might have to tip it backwards a little bit to make clearance between the cap and the reinforcement under the hood.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #342
I made brackets to mount the intercooler into the core support

Tilted the radiator back abut 1-1/2"
I'll make an intake shroud 'tunnel' from the core support back to the radiator to keep the air flowing where it's supposed to go.

·
time to get cereal
4,951 Posts
Seriously, the best build I've seen on here in years, and definitely one of the most unique.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #345
I've cleaned up the headlight assemblies, screwed the grill on and dropped the hood in place to see what it's going to look like,

I took the valence that screwed on under the bumper, used a heat gun to re-shape the ends and screwed it to the bottom of the grill.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
28,396 Posts
What do you do with the inners?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #350
What do you do with the inners?
The 'inside' inners have already gone with the recycling.
The inner 'stiffeners' that are attached to the back side of the fenders will get cut, bent and welded to the fenders inside of the new lip.
At least that's the plan. We'll se if I can pull it off.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #352
I pulled the front end apart (AGAIN!) to shorten the springs.
I shortened the springs just a little too much. So today I made up some 1/2" delrin spacers to fit under the lower spring seats.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #353
My Bilstein shocks were letting the suspension drop too far when fully unloaded. So I bought a pair of Nitro Drop 2 shocks for the front.
I expected them to be around 3/4" shorter at full extension but they are actually slightly longer than the stock replacement Bilsteins at full extension.
What's up with that? I've read about some 88 Fiero shock being a shorter replacement but have only found cheap junk Fiero replacement shocks.
I'm putting the Drop 2s in for now but anybody have a suggestion?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #355
I don't know but I hope you figure something else out. I wasn't a fan of the Nitro 2s. lol
Plan C - the Bilsteins are supposed to be rebuildable. There's a local suspension shop that could probably pull them apart and install an internal spacer to decrease the extended length.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #358 (Edited)
I've been working on other stuff for the last month. Partial remodel of the motorhome, past due maintenance on the Corvette, Duramax pickup, Jeep, Blazer. And spending my weekends volunteering at the local Covid vaccination effort.

It's high time I bit the bullet and hacked up these fenders.

341 - 360 of 391 Posts