S-10 Forum banner

301 - 320 of 346 Posts

·
Registered
1991 Reg Cab ShortShort Bed
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #303
The SS10 doesn't LOOK much different yet but here it is with the real motor in it. Also a freshly built Torquefliite 904 with a reverse pattern manual valve body.

·
Registered
98'S10 LS
24 Posts
Just picked up a new to me jalopy of a short wheelbase S10. 252,000 miles on it.

I built this Turbo Slant Six a couple of years ago but have been undecided where to plant it.

All details are up in the air at this point but I'm thinking of ending up with something similar to this one - which I have photochopped.

View attachment 340018
Wow! now that's a real super six!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #307
Hey, xmas is over. Get cracking on this thing! lol
Well, I am but very little of what I'm getting done actually shows. Lots of things that were mock-ups or temporary assemblies in earlier photos are now turning more 'permanent'. But it doesn't look any different so no point in posting photos yet.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #308
Not much looks new but most of what is put together now is 'done'.
Today I'm working on sorting out the brake pedal.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #311
I took the oem accelerator pedal and chopped, bent and re-welded it.

Foot controls are built. At least well enough to move on to other things.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #313
I built an adapter to mount the C7 Corvette master cylinder to the aftermarket dual diaphragm power booster.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
If you're having oddball braking problems after getting it on the road - I don't remember exactly the issues @Rhotpursuit had with his aftermarket dual diaphragm booster - look into the booster before going elsewhere. Rick was having to deal with the pedal not returning and weak braking of some sort.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
27,100 Posts
The 1st booster was too big...fast forward...it's back on now. The second booster was a 7". It stopped ok, but the pedal/braking wasn't being released. Eventually I figured out I could pull up on the pedal with my toe to fix it. The next one was a fancy chrome 7" booster. It was bottoming out...or at least that's what it felt like....hence the return to the 1st booster. I'm calling Tuff Stuff tomorrow to confirm dimensions their 8" booster. Hoping that will clear my fuel rail covers.

Reactions: ProCycle

·
time to get cereal
4,286 Posts
I vote manual brakes, for that sweet sweet modulation. This is going to be a race car, no?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #317
Thanks guys, I fully expect the brake setup to require some 'adjustments' after the truck is operational. It's a real hodgepodge of stuff and I don't know how well it will all work together. If there is enough braking power without the booster it will be easy enough to delete it. A bit more difficult to go the other way.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #319
Today's project is an elbow adapter to mount the Miata throttle body to the intake plenum.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #320
A few small things are done. The intake elbow is painted, and the throttle body is bolted on. I also made a bracket for the throttle cable.
I heavily modified the original slant six power steering bracket to carry the alternator.
Wiper motor and linkage is back in (this IS Oregon, ya know)

301 - 320 of 346 Posts