S-10 Forum banner

181 - 200 of 304 Posts

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
What sway bars are you using?

Any worry about the length of that front end link?

I had to rework the angle on my aftermarket control arms too, but I think the stock geometry is bad for lowered trucks anyway. I also ended up using end links with a ball joint end at the control arm to help with angles.

·
Old Fart
4,063 Posts

I had to rework the angle on my aftermarket control arms too, but I think the stock geometry is bad for lowered trucks anyway. I also ended up using end links with a ball joint end at the control arm to help with angles.
F150 or some other?

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
F150 or some other?
Yeah. 2006 2WD F150 is the application I use. They're the same effective length as the stock 2WD S10/Blaser. The 4WD F150 are longer. Actually there are lots of longer options in that style, but the 2WD F150 are the shortest I've found.

·
Registered
1991 Reg Cab ShortShort Bed
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #185

It's a Nolothane 33mm sway bar. The links were sized so the sway bar would clear the end of the steering rack at full drop. That was before I moved the rack rearwards an inch and a half. I will revisit the clearance and hopefully be able to shorten the links.

·
time to get cereal
3,973 Posts
The UMI tubular lowers come with adjustable end links with a heim joint at the arm.

The height of the frame from the ground in the front looks awesome... too bad you'd have to have zero suspension travel to run it like that.

Reactions: ProCycle

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #187 (Edited)
The UMI tubular lowers come with adjustable end links with a heim joint at the arm.

The height of the frame from the ground in the front looks awesome... too bad you'd have to have zero suspension travel to run it like that.
Yeah, no springs or shocks installed yet. It would be sitting on the bottoming bumpers but It's actually still held up by the lift arms. If I pull the lift arm out the frame is solidly on the ground in front. The Innovative Racecraft K-member is about 1-1/2" closer to the ground than the lowest point of the frame. There's more work to do up there so it can't bottom out against the pavement.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #189
In case anybody was curious a stripped bare single cab with glass weighs 229 pounds.

Time to start figuring out where to cut the firewall and trans tunnel.

The cab needs to drop down 9 inches to sit on the mounts.

·
Horsepower Addict
153 Posts
The massive engine setback should help weight distribution.

I hope your passenger has little feet...lol.

·
LS3 Cruisin'
2,046 Posts
Fantastic, absolutely fantastic! Best build I've seen on here in a long while. Very cool. The slant 6 is pretty neat in this build for sure. You're doing amazing work as you go along!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #196
Fantastic, absolutely fantastic! Best build I've seen on here in a long while. Very cool. The slant 6 is pretty neat in this build for sure. You're doing amazing work as you go along!
Thanks! I've never been motivated to just build another version of something that's already been done.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #197
When I cut the big hole in the firewall and trans tunnel I did it in 2 large pieces. Figuring I would re-purpose some of the metal as new sections in the new tunnel. So far that's working out OK. I've only have to cut a few small flat pieces of new metal to piece together the already formed sections of the old tunnel in new places.

·
time to get cereal
3,973 Posts
Are your legs cut off at the knees? 😆

Pedals and leg room should be... interesting.

181 - 200 of 304 Posts