S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So lately i have been looking for a header for my 99 2.2l since the manifold is cracked. I have been in to DSM's for years and hve wanted to swap a 4g63, then decided a SR20 would be an easier swap. Well there nothing wrong with the 2.2l it just has no balls.

Looking on Ebay theres no one currently selling an OBX header for my year truck. Grrr.

So now to my point. A local guy has posted an SR20 turbo manifold and T25 for sale. Looking at the pictures of the header it looks like the ports are pretty close to the 2.2l size and spacing. Id need to get the manifold and a 2.2l gasket to know for sure. But if its close. Id imagine a simple adapter flange could be made to go from the 2.2l bolt pattern to the SR.

Anyone looked into this before?

·
2.2L turbo
357 Posts
the rb20 will only work if u point the turbo down(not enough room) :idea: but i think a talon header would work better and will alow u to put the turbo up,,or u can wait until this winter and i will have a header for sale,,(it will allow u to keep ur a/c)

some thing like this

·
Super Moderator
20,515 Posts
no, ususally just fab it

use your flange, cut the header off, trace it into shape, pretty straight forward to do or have the shop to do it

or wait til one comes in stock to save you the time

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mitsu turbo manifold wont work, exh ports are oval shaped. Not round. Probly just wait until an OBX pops up and keep things simple. One turbo car is enough right now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts