S-10 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rear widow is ssqueekin so bad is is unnerving. I put a new weatherstrip gasket and it didn't solve the problem. The parts guy at the dealership said this was a design problem, and turn the radio up. Onl get a headache from that. Any suggestions to solve this very annoying problem. WD-40, silicon and lithium spray hasn't done a thing. Am goin batty over this.

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
I suggest changing to a solid window and not using a slider...that would fix her for sure.:evilg: Take that you sqeeky excuse for a window!!

·
Z06 S10
366 Posts
the squeak is coming from the latch on the window itself...take some electrical tape and make a couple of wraps and it should take care of it . :thumbup:

·
Banned
18,005 Posts
sham said:
the squeak is coming from the latch on the window itself...take some electrical tape and make a couple of wraps and it should take care of it . :thumbup:
that only lasts for a week or so..

i also need a fix for this on my 93 jimmy....even with the radio up, i can still hear it:bash::bash::bash:

·
32,797 Posts
Every Blazer (2nd gen) I've riden in or drove (it's been a lot) has had that squeek from the back:(

But not bad enough that a loud radio won't solve.

·
And one bad S-15 Jimmy!
237 Posts
can some one please describe this "Squeeking" I have a 1998 GMC Jimmy 2door 4x4 and hear squeeking from the rear but I was thinking it was just the spare tire rack because it has rubber stops hiting a metal plate! Mabey it is my rear glass I have the full top glass and the lower tail gate does this make a diffrent?

·
14,970 Posts
Ahhhh the infamous rear hatch squeak.
Mkay listen up. What the main prob is that the latch itself is fubared. Go to the dealer and buy the little piece that attaches to the glass. (it's the little piece that has the hoop and the centering pin. This should cure most of you prob. What happens is the metal wears out and thus does not hold the window all the way closed. Hence using electrical tape solves the prob temp.

Notice i said this should solve MOST it may no solve it all. Also it's not a bad idea to lube up your hinge's and anything else back there.
Also if your tire is mounted on the inside check to make sure everything is tighend down.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have an 85 S-10 Blazer with the opening rear window. The latch mechanism uses a U shaped catch on the window. Over the years a grove has worn in the U and it allows freeplay at the latch. I wrap the U bar with black electrical tape and shut the window. Wallla no noise. It wears out if you open and close a lot. If you do just replace the tape. 4 wraps should do it.

·
T/A drivin foundin member
538 Posts
or when it really gets to you...

Attachments

·
Visual-Insanity.org
249 Posts
the squeeking can be remedied by replacing the plate on the inside of the glass. You can get this part from a dealer for about $35
Also put a drop or two of TX7 in the joints for the gas shocks that are used to hold to rear glass up, those tend to squeek aswell.:bash:

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hi People: Put the new latch plate on the window. Then take and open the tailgate, clean all the weathersripping, and make sure that it is good shape. (not folded over or torn) then take baby powder and, put it on all the weatherstripping. Make sure that the parts, that rest, on the weathersripping, is clean also.
you might have to do this a few times. Make sure everything is lined up and fits good. Good luck BTK

·
T/A drivin foundin member
538 Posts
silicone spray works as well

·
Registered
3 Posts
I "solved" this problem by mounting a little rubber stopper to the top of the tailgate on the right and left sides. Just thick enough to apply some pressure to the window while it's closed.

Now of course, my window pops open while I'm driving down the road, but it was doing that before. Do you think replacing the little U-shaped latch will solve that?

·
I am sofa king we tod did
494 Posts
My blazer had that problem after I replaced the tailgate, and a little WD-40 fixed it right up. Apparently that doesn't work for everybody though. :dunno:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts