S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I put on my March Pulley kit my belt started squealing about 3 months later so I tried putting on a new belt and the squealing stopped for about a month and now it is squealing like a ***** and my volts finally dropped. Does anyone know why my belt is doing this or has anyone else had this happen to them with an aftermarket pulley kit??

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
maybe your belt is a little too long and its streching and becoming loose.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just said hell with it and called March Performance and the tech guy said to use a smaller belt and when I said I used the recommended belt he said to try one just a bit smaller and if it happens again it is more than likely my tensioner going bad. But I am picking up the new belt today and we will see what happens. Hopefully everything works out. Thanks for the help.

·
ZQ8 Sonoma Owner
91 Posts
Hope the smaller belt takes care of things. If not, my grandpa had an old trick. When your engine is running, just take a candle or a big piece of wax and let it rub on the underside of the belt. The belt gets a thin coat of wax, and the squealing stops. It doesnt make the belt slip either.

Greg G.:idea:

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
Greg Groves said:
Hope the smaller belt takes care of things. If not, my grandpa had an old trick. When your engine is running, just take a candle or a big piece of wax and let it rub on the underside of the belt. The belt gets a thin coat of wax, and the squealing stops. It doesnt make the belt slip either.

Greg G.:idea:
a bar of soap also works.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The belt is fixed. That smaller belt took care of it. Thanks for all the help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts