S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 1996 S-10 Blazer, which I have done my own maintenance since the warranty ran out. About a year ago, I replaced all the shocks. I keep it lubed, but about two weeks ago, it developed a squeak at the left front end. It does not do it all the time, just sporadically. I cannot locate the source of the noise, does anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
1 Posts
If this is a first Gen truck, I had the same problem on mine. Drove me nuts trying to figure it out. Finally one day a friend pointed out that my cowl under the windshield wipers was rubbing against the quarter panel. The cowl had shifted to the drivers side and was squeeking like mad. Recentered it and tightened it up good and never came back yet. Hope this helps.

-Gizmoguy

·
Self Portrait
1,632 Posts
When does it squeak? When you hit a bump, big bump, small bump, turning slow, turning fast. And also when doesn't it squeek....in the mornings, afternoons, after the truck was sitting in direct sunlight? The more data the better our chances of diagnosing the problem.....

·
Registered
102 Posts
check your sway bar bushings, a little grease will go a long way towards reducing squeaks

·
I rape little boys
1,329 Posts
there is a GM bulletin on the 96-up....for rattle and squeak from hood areal...and you havt to order 2 this washers to put on the hood moutning bolt...that might be it

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to all who replied. I finally found the source of the squeak! It turned out to be an upper control arm rear bushing that had deteriorated from the heat since it is very close to the exhaust manifold. The large washer in back of the bushing was rubbing against the control arm, thus the squeaky noise. Hope this finding will help someone else that may encounter the same problem.
Rodolfo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts