S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
So Fresh N So Clean
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just noticed some squeaking after I lowered the front of my truck. It happens when I go over pretty much any bump and when I get out it does it too. I'm guess my shocks might be bad or I just need an alignment or what? If that's the case, then I'll be getting an alignment next week for sure since my brother can do it for cheap.

Thanks for any feedback.

·
So Fresh N So Clean
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i wouldnt say thats the reason for squeeking, but you NEED to go get an alignment... but i think you know that already
Yea, I haven't had the money to get an alignment and when my bro. gets back in town tomorrow he can do it at his shop monday or tuesday for cheap. Idk what the problem could be, I'll try and see what it is. Thanks anyway..

·
Molon Labe
5,297 Posts
I'm assuming you dropped it with 2" coils and drop spindles? The dust shields may be rubbing the very end of the lower control arm due to the drop coils. Also, your coil spring isolators (those rubber caps on the ends of the coils) may be dried out and squeaking. I just put some all purpose grease on mine and they stopped making noise.

·
( . Y . )
940 Posts
I'm assuming you dropped it with 2" coils and drop spindles? The dust shields may be rubbing the very end of the lower control arm due to the drop coils. Also, your coil spring isolators (those rubber caps on the ends of the coils) may be dried out and squeaking. I just put some all purpose grease on mine and they stopped making noise.
I was thinking the same thing, rubber isolators. Mine did the same thing.

·
So Fresh N So Clean
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
what did you use to drop it? coils, lower control arms, spindles did you remove the bump stops?
Bump stops are still in tact, the front sits a little lower then the rear and I'm not riding on bump stops.

I used 2" coils and 2" drop spindles. Yea, I asked my bro. and he said to put some grease on them, so will try that. Thanks.

·
Under Construction
30 Posts
how far are you from your bump stops? if your suspension travels much still could hit the stops i had 3 inch coils on my truck and they would hit when i hit bumps

·
LowLife Miniz
58 Posts
I was having the same problem so I basically started shaking the truck and rocking it around to get it to make the squeak. After about 15 minutes of going over the vehicle I found that the squeak was coming from my tonneau cover. All of the bolts and things were tight on it but the problem was it was rubbing metal on metal where the pin meets the strike plate to keep the tonneau closed.

·
Sooner born...Sooner bred
408 Posts
What would be a typical cause of the same squeaking but coming from the rear? ('01 ex cab 4.3 ZQ8 stock height) I can hear it when I'm driving and it does it every time I get out of the truck, can't find the problem.....anyone?

Sorry to whore the thread...

·
So Fresh N So Clean
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yea, mine just comes from the front.. I have been too busy with other crap to even get around to greasing it up. I'll get to it one day.

By the way got my alignment last week so that's definitely not the case but oh well, I'll figure it out.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts