S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Wyotech = October
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you can imagin a hooptie car, driving next to you, with a slight squeeling.. you think to yourself.. what a peice of shit..

As was I today.. when I noticed that the hooptie wasnt making the noise.. my friggen truck was..!

LOL..

So anyway.. It sounds like its coming from the rear left drum, and when you just *TOUCH* the brake.. ever so slightly, it goes away..

So Im thinking, I have a reason to put rear disc on now..

Any other reason for the squeeking?

46,000 miles.. stock brakes.. who knows.. I've owned it since 30,000 and never changed them.....

·
choppin on twankies!
656 Posts
mine did that..it was a spring in the drum that came apart...go to autozone and get a spring kit for like 10 bucks and its all gone...

·
Trance is what I breathe
926 Posts
Im guessing its your squeaker... or however you spell it... Its a metal clip that is attatched to your brakes... As your break pads start to wear down that thing will begin to squeak to let you know you need to change your brake pads

·
Early Member
3,136 Posts
Probably need new brake shoes in the back, if the noise is actually coming from the rear.

·
Wyotech = October
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I try..

ok.. I got someone to drive my truck, and I drove beside it.. it turned out to be the FRONT RIGHT..

Yesterday I took apart the rear left drum, and saw nothing wrong with it.

Today.. I got the wheel off, and turned the brake by hand, and jesus christ, does that thing sound awful..

I think the inside pad isnt returning, and is rubbing.. what should I do?

And what tool do I need to take off the brake caliper.. Its an allen type insert..

·
Wyotech = October
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I fixed it..

I took off the caliper, and cleaned up the pins with WD40, and steel wool..

Then I WD40'd everywhere that needs to be slid..

On the test drive, Id go about 30mph, and slow down, and the truck would turn left..

I did this a few times, and finally got the inside pad freed up.. and now it stops straight again..

Then I did about 4 98mph to 15mph runs.. and I got them suckers glowin.. you can hear them suckers poppin, and feel the heat from 3 feet away..

Its time for some rear wheel disc's.. I dont like doin the nose dive..

·
Wyotech = October
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
stupid bastards are squeelin agian...

Im gona buy some new pads tomarrow..

·
Wyotech = October
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jesus christ.. what would cause the inside pad to keep hanging up..

Grrr

·
Wyotech = October
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
New pads :)

:thumbup:

I think my other ones were roasted.. still had some meat on them though..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts