S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Anybody got a Band-aid?
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 X-treme that I had to replace the top door pin bushings on the drivers side. The problem is I can't get the damn spring back into the door. I had to pull the spring out to knock out the pin but you cant put the spring back in till the pin is in. And that springs pretty heavy duty I tried compressing it holding it with zip ties but all that ended up doing was putting me on a treasure hunt to find the spring when they broke. Any ideas?:confused:

·
278 Posts
yeah they sell a tool for the spring, they are easy to find or you can make one like i did. i got a peice of square tubing and cut it down the middle and then put the two halfs together with a bolt and notched it so the spring fits in. heres what they look like....

Attachments

·
This season SUCKS.
15,929 Posts
Easy to find, my ass... I made my own tool out of an 8" barn hinge reinforced with a couple extra pieces of metal and a bolt through the center, which didn't really work too well. So, I'm borrowing the proper tool from a guy at work Friday night... (I didn't know he had it, until I was in the middle of choking while trying to weld zinc-plated steel)

tjputerboy, what's the O-rilley's you speak of? I've never heard anything about it. Is it a local place?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts