S-10 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this in Tacoma today. They must have changed the springs because all SS's had factory drops right?

·
Dropped at birth
359 Posts
Well, usually I go by the center caps on 94 and 95s. It's got the red bowties in the center caps and I doubt somebody went through that much trouble to make it look like an SS. So I'd say it's a real one lol

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
Yes that is a true SS, although it looks like it has seen better days. I've seen at least 5-6 other SS's around town.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
30,328 Posts
No the first years didnt.
Kinda iffy tho since they have a peice of X kit tacked on, the grille looks aftermarket and the bed was cut out.
Bed looks intact to me. Looks like a bumper in there.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
aren't those emblems backwards though? I've been under impression that it goes "chevy symbol-SS" moving left to right, correct?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No the first years didnt.
Kinda iffy tho since they have a peice of X kit tacked on, the grille looks aftermarket and the bed was cut out.
Wait, that grille looks like an SS grille. the emblem is right and sits flush to the surface. whats not original about it? Bed was cut out? Not sure what that means but looks pretty close to my onyx black ss minus a few things.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
30,328 Posts
The emblem should be slightly recessed. The grille looks like an aftermarket piece that wasn't painted.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
30,328 Posts
aren't those emblems backwards though? I've been under impression that it goes "chevy symbol-SS" moving left to right, correct?
Yeah but the early SS's may have been ass backwards compared to the later years. The 94's, possibly 95's had the SS emblem and Chevrolet script switched from side to side.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Wait, that grille looks like an SS grille. the emblem is right and sits flush to the surface. whats not original about it? Bed was cut out? Not sure what that means but looks pretty close to my onyx black ss minus a few things.
Oh, I thought the emblem was supodes to be inset like a 98-up 2Gen. I know aftermaket 98-up 2G truck grilles sometimes have emblem sitting on top which is incorrect. Could be mistaken tho.
Yeah I didnt look close enough at the bed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts