S-10 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I'm new here but I've been searching and lurking for a little bit.
I'm picking up a 2002 ext.cab 2wd five speed this week. It has a fiberglass tonneau cover that looks great. I was wondering if there is any spoilers I can put on it, specifically I really like the Nascar style ones that are like a 45 degree angle lip spoiler. Cervini's makes one for Lightnings. Are there any general ones like this that I could use?

·
The other "BODY" man
6,277 Posts
Ummmm,,, not to alarm you, or disappoint you,, but,,,,

%95 of the forum is going to flame you if you do,,,

Personnaly, don't do it,,

but,, it is your truck, and if that's what you want to do, then do it.

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Go find a black board and write "I will not put a wing on my truck." until your hands bleed.

Dry erase is fine too.

·
Founding member of DA
5,240 Posts
i like the nascar style spoiler and think it will loog good i've been looking for one but havent found any yet

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
ya a friend has a red 99 xtreme n put a vynel velcro cover on n has some kinda rubber spoiler for it, n he wants to add white strips. :S

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Trust me, I HATE spoilers. I just personally think that a small lip spoiler looks clean. Does anybody sell any universal ones?

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'll post a pic of mine. Its actually just 3/16" aluminum plate, with a bend, mounted to the top of the tonneau. Has a much more "functional" look than the smoothed street truck style. I can't tell you how many looks it gets with the black wheels, yellow letters, side exhaust. It doesn't follow the 3-B's sport truck theory (body drop, bags and billet) but I like it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, post a pic of that. Actually, what you did with your truck is pretty much exactly what I want to do with mine.
I REALLY think I'll get flamed now. The only problem is, they don't sell the yellow letters anymore. :( Also, the truck I'm getting is Indigo Blue and I really don't think the black wheels would look good. I was thinking about the aero race wheels that Summit sells. They come in black, silver, and chrome. Whats weird is, I can't stand Nascar, but I really like the look. Know anywhere where they still sell the yellow's? Ultimately, what I want to do is a 2/2 drop (I still have to drive it in the winter) and the race wheels with the lettered tires and a spoiler on the tonneau, and a roll pan.
Thanks

·
Registered
180 Posts
The last yellows I knew of were the (too small for us) 225/60/16 for "signature" edition Monte Carlo (Stewart, Gordon, E'jr) I had a set of the Eagle #1 tires, but when it came time to replace, I went with the White letter Eagle GT2 because they no longer produce the Eagle #1 (unless you get the cheesy "nascar logo" ones, and even those are white letter now). Duplicolor is now selling lettering pens in red and yellow, I used a yellow paint pen from my local hobby store. I didn't think it would work well, but it has lasted far better than expected, well over 6-months without fade, and touch-up is easy. For wheels, I'm rocking the $45 American Racing black 10 spoke steelies, 15x8. With the spoiler and yellow letters, I think you could pull off the black wheels, but silver would look good too. I'll hunt down a picture tonight, been real busy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts