S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Say lowered d
1,349 Posts
Yes it does Dustin......very nice! SSC puts out ALOT of awesome stuff!

·
Say lowered d
1,349 Posts
First off, I dont want anyone to think I'm starting anything.....

SlammedDime said:
Another problem with the bushings and setup on the SSC 2 link is the bags mounted off center on the bars. This creates a torque on the bars, and in turn on the bushings, and WILL wear them out much faster than if you have your bags centered on the two link bars. (similar to how the rear bars are setup on the KP kit)
Mine on my fullsize are mounted directly centered.

On the bushings wearing out issue, I could see a problem if they were rubber, but they are poly bushings with a metal sleeve in them.

The crossbar on the back underneath the rearend gets rid of the side to side movement. It is welded to the 2 link bars, and it is about 10 inches long where is butts up against the bars. If you took 1 link bar, and the crossbar and welded on the crossbar, like an L, there's no way that is going to move. You could stand it up like < and push down, and it's not going anywhere. If you can get that to move, you need to go on ESPN and compete in World's Strongest Man. That's just with 1 link bar. It's going to have 1/2 the chance to move with the other link bar installed like l_l.

·
circa 1996
500 Posts
loweredd said:
First off, I dont want anyone to think I'm starting anything.....

Mine on my fullsize are mounted directly centered.

On the bushings wearing out issue, I could see a problem if they were rubber, but they are poly bushings with a metal sleeve in them.

The crossbar on the back underneath the rearend gets rid of the side to side movement. It is welded to the 2 link bars, and it is about 10 inches long where is butts up against the bars. If you took 1 link bar, and the crossbar and welded on the crossbar, like an L, there's no way that is going to move. You could stand it up like < and push down, and it's not going anywhere. If you can get that to move, you need to go on ESPN and compete in World's Strongest Man. That's just with 1 link bar. It's going to have 1/2 the chance to move with the other link bar installed like l_l.
ya i know that but you still havent told me why the bushing isnt gonna flex when 3000# lbs is put to it.

·
plastih8r
856 Posts
im not saying it wont flex im saying I have never seen/heard of it being an issue with this setup, it may flex but not to where it becomes a problem. This thread is full of people pointing out all the bad things about these but none of them are the people who have them. hmmm interesting.... (i even spelled interesting right)

·
Say lowered d
1,349 Posts
dustro said:
im not saying it wont flex im saying I have never seen/heard of it being an issue with this setup, it may flex but not to where it becomes a problem. This thread is full of people pointing out all the bad things about these but none of them are the people who have them. hmmm interesting.... (i even spelled interesting right)
:lol: :stupid: How are you saying the bushing flexes? Side to side? They are poly bushings, there is no flex to speak of. :kiss:

·
Say lowered d
1,349 Posts
I'm going to take my 2 link and sporadically place bars at points on my frame off of the rear end, and make like :dunno: a 7 link or something like that. :blaugh: They would prolly think that that would flex too.:blaugh: :blaugh: :blaugh:

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
Dude why dont you just stop posting altogether, none of them are correct.

Of course poly bushings flex, if they didnt flex then they wouldnt be used as bushings! However it takes more force to flex them compared to rubber bushings and they dont flex as much, but of course they DO flex..

·
Say lowered d
1,349 Posts
AVTekk said:
Dude why dont you just stop posting altogether, none of them are correct.

Of course poly bushings flex, if they didnt flex then they wouldnt be used as bushings! However it takes more force to flex them compared to rubber bushings and they dont flex as much, but of course they DO flex..
Whats not correct? :sicka:

What about aluminum a arm bushings, or aluminum body mount bushings? There is no give in them, and they are used as bushings......

The bushings on the 2 link, when installed do not flex. I will go out to the parking lot and push my truck side to side, and the only movement will be from the sidewall of the tire.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
loweredd said:
Whats not correct? :sicka:

What about aluminum a arm bushings, or aluminum body mount bushings? There is no give in them, and they are used as bushings......

The bushings on the 2 link, when installed do not flex. I will go out to the parking lot and push my truck side to side, and the only movement will be from the sidewall of the tire.
they do have flex, it's just limited.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts