S-10 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Self Portrait
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting off the highway and onto the surface street to go to my house the off-ramp is two lanes and they immediately stop at a traffic light. almost 3 tenths of a mile after the light the left lane merges into the right lane.
I was stopped at the light when a gangsta in a Neon pulls up beside me. He keeps jumping forward like he wants to let me know that he is going to get in fromt of me at the merge. I am in the right lane so he has to pass me completely to merge into my lane. I looked at his car and it had those cheezy chrome hub caps made out plastic so I figure he doesn't have anything under the hood and that it would be a good race. (Or he has just suckered me into a race that I'm gonna regret) I loaded up the TC and when the light turned green he was already rolling. I let off the brake and stomped the gas to the floor. Like I said, he was rolling before the light changed.
It was probably pretty comical watching us race as everything seemed to be in slo'mo. My truck lacks power so it didn't break traction with the one pulling wheel....hehehehehe. About half way to the merge I caught up with him and knew that he couldn't merge. I continued to pass and I don't think that he lifted so needless to say he had to get behind me at the merge. I could tell he wasn't happy cause he tailgated me the 3 miles or so to the next light where he turned right and didn't bother to acknowledge my win......The gangsta wannabe should try putting his seatback up the next time he tries to race. :p I wonder if it hurt his pride enough to teach him not to pick a race with another S-10!

Any win is a good win!! Good hunting

Rick
Chesapeake, Virginia
'92 S-10 Tahoe 4.3L Bone Stock
(except for the old tired alpine head unit!) :)

·
A Constant Work in Progress
1,088 Posts
at least me was (and I use the term lightly) "man" enough not to do the ricer fly by or a quick turn at the next light........good kill none-the-less

1 - 2 of 2 Posts