S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i was wanting to know i am getting ready to buy two 12's for my sonoma i was wanting to know if spl's were any good or should i go with rockford or cerwin vagas so if any one as a thought on those name subs please tell me because i love my bumps and i dont want smoke rolling off of them because i run them to hard.

·
Trance is what I breathe
926 Posts
Rockfords are thumbs down for me... I dont like their subs. Cant run them hard, they dont take the watts.

·
LIL RED ROCKET
602 Posts
well if you deside to go with Rockford then i would look into the HX2 line....right now i am using a pair of them in about 5cube with about 2000 watts between the pair... and they make it hard to sit in there..... (comp. only) for daily i would turn the amps down and tune the box lower and you can be hitting the lows.. and set the alarms off from at least a block away....

look at my sig. this is what i use for daily.... the rockfords i used (2 12's) for a while but then i wanted leg room... so now i swap out for shows...

·
LIL RED ROCKET
602 Posts
don't like the watts.... thats FUNNY..... i have seen a pair take 10,000 watts and well long story short.... i am still using them

·
BARELY Tuckin' Tire
5,862 Posts
yeah unless Trancer is putting 500 watts on some punch Z's that statement just isn't true, i used a pair of 12" he2's with about a 1000watts and was hitting 142's and that was sealed. Rockford makes great subs, but just like most other companies, they make entry level subs and they make competition grade subs...

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
go get a MTX sub..the 9500 or the other comp sub they got..it looks purdy..

·
They took our jorbs.
3,797 Posts
Cerwin Vega= sucks. Might wanna look at the JBL GTi subs. Theyre massive.

·
Always Dreamin Big
2,300 Posts
Heathd said:
Cerwin Vega= sucks
And your reasoning is????

slim10
We REALLY need to know what kind of power you plan on throwing at your subs before we can recommend anything. It makes a HUGE difference whether you are talking 300 rms per sub or 1000 rms per sub. Also, how much space do you want to sacrifice? Some subs lowk better in large ported enclosures, while others are happy in small/medium sealed boxes. And are you limited to the three brands you listed, or are those just companies you like but are willing to go elsewhere too?

·
Registered
411 Posts
there are a lot of subs out there that get loud...it depends on what you want to do...you wnat PURE SPL or more loud a LOUD good sounding system...cause PURE SPL sounds like crap usually... for a good overall SPL/SQ sub...i would suggest the memphis HPO series, Image Dynamics (any series), Kicker Lseries (not as nice sounding as others but damn loud), Crystal, Phoenix gold, alpine type R. these are just to name a few...there are many more...these are one I have had personal experience with and have worked well.

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
You already got those amps? If you dont, I'd check into somethin else if you want 2k of power. You're not gonna get it out of Kenwood amps.. they're overrated.

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
RE XXX or Adire Brahma?

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
cheap and decent sounding usually dont go in the same sentence together....um...RE and eD subs are well-priced, and they get pretty loud and sound good doing it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts