S-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
help me out here...

why would someone use drop spindles instead of lowering springs or a combination of both?

what are the advantages and disadvantages

thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Spindles do not affect your ride quality, and your stock shocks can be reused b/c the hole to hole distance on the shock is not changed.

They are a good deal ($$$) for our s-trucks.

I am using a combination of both spindles and 1" drop coils to achieve a 3" drop in the front.

·
Med School member
179 Posts
dude go with spindles. Sure coils are cheaper, but they are NOT the way to go. I have 2" coils up front. With my stock bump stops in the a-arm sits on them. The ride quality SUCKS!!!!! You are way better off getting spindles. Youll save money becuz you wont have to buy shocks

good luck

·
Registered
6 Posts
spindles are also good cause your alingment will no be messed with and you will not ware down just one side of your tire

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
IMO i would use both to slam the front end:evilg: . go with belltech and a good set of drop shocks. belltech is super high quality. both in springs and spindles (pretty much everything that has to do with lowering is good from them).

·
Med School member
179 Posts
Spaceman said:
spindles are also good cause your alingment will no be messed with and you will not ware down just one side of your tire
whoever told you that BS is stupid!!

You will HAVE to get your truck aligned or buy new front tires every month.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
ive done over 95 s10s and and id say springs are fine if you get belltech. ive done many of them but you need to get the right set up. if you have a 4 cyl then get one for a 4 or a 6 get ones for a 6. the belltech by far is a sweet set up.

if you have the zq8 get spindles if not get he blltech 2 inch drop springs and 2 inch drop sprindles you will be fine

·
Med School member
179 Posts
98 SS ON NOS said:
ive done over 95 s10s and and id say springs are fine if you get belltech. ive done many of them but you need to get the right set up. if you have a 4 cyl then get one for a 4 or a 6 get ones for a 6. the belltech by far is a sweet set up.

if you have the zq8 get spindles if not get he blltech 2 inch drop springs and 2 inch drop sprindles you will be fine
how many of those guys that did coils bought drop shocks too?

I wish I would have cuz now the stock shocks are shot to hell, and I'm riding on coils.

if you go with coils get shocks.....you'll regret it!! I promise

·
2,186 Posts
i kept my zq8 shocks when i put in my 3 inch coils and have had no probs at all. i plan on adding two inch spindles when i get new wheels. ill change to belltech shocks when i do that.

·
Med School member
179 Posts
MightyMouseJ5 said:
i kept my zq8 shocks when i put in my 3 inch coils and have had no probs at all. i plan on adding two inch spindles when i get new wheels. ill change to belltech shocks when i do that.
the zq8 shocks are different than the regular stock shocks

·
2,186 Posts
GMCSonoma00 said:

the zq8 shocks are different than the regular stock shocks
i know, i was just throwing in my $.02 for the sake of the zq8 guys that go the same route and want to save a lil $$$.

·
The Original A D M I N
18,797 Posts
Spindles are the way to go. SPrings are easier to do, but you will regret it in the long run. i fyou dont mind the crappy ride go with springs.

want to retain ride the get the spindles

·
Un-Blown Fake ZQ8
3,401 Posts
This is so funny because when I lowered my truck last week we didnt bother with the alignment since the new wheels and tires/alignment was happening the next day. I had to drive home 25 miles and it was probably the most dangerous 25 miles of driving I have ever done. With 2" spindles and 1" spring the toe out although not visually obvious was way out. If I turned at more than 0 G the truck went straight. 45mph corner at 35 and the front end chirped em all the way through the turn. LOL. Put some toe in if you have to drive it anywhere after lowering, or if your not VERY careful you'll drive your truck straight into some one or something. Talk about push. Whew. I was glad to get the 235/55/16's on there with a proper alignment. Like Night and day.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Spaceman
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

whoever told you that BS is stupid!!

You will HAVE to get your truck aligned or buy new front tires every month.

·
Registered
69 Posts
s10rz350 said:
This is so funny because when I lowered my truck last week we didnt bother with the alignment since the new wheels and tires/alignment was happening the next day. I had to drive home 25 miles and it was probably the most dangerous 25 miles of driving I have ever done. With 2" spindles and 1" spring the toe out although not visually obvious was way out. If I turned at more than 0 G the truck went straight. 45mph corner at 35 and the front end chirped em all the way through the turn. LOL. Put some toe in if you have to drive it anywhere after lowering, or if your not VERY careful you'll drive your truck straight into some one or something. Talk about push. Whew. I was glad to get the 235/55/16's on there with a proper alignment. Like Night and day.
I felt the push, after my 4/5 My vettes were squeeling like pigs at the slightist turn. I bought new tie rod assemblies and alligned my ride myself using a tape and some 2x4's . I still have to take it in to get it profesionally done, but I have it there or almost there already.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts