S-10 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 blazer 2dr that I just finished rebuilding the control arms, replacing the idler arm, tie rods, and center link and put on belltech 2 inch lowering spindles as well as the wheel hubs and it didn’t lower it down anymore. I already had 3 inch springs I put back in it and it sits right about the same height if not 1/4-1/2 higher. I’m not really sure what the problem is. Any help would be appreciated

·
B4U Task Force Admin
30,689 Posts
Was the Blazer sitting on the ground when you tightened the control arms? They need the full weight of the vehicle on them. Were the springs clocked correctly?...the end of the spring should fall between the 2 holes in the LCA.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Your springs may not be seated
You may be on the bump stops under the upper control arms

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Was the Blazer sitting on the ground when you tightened the control arms? They need the full weight of the vehicle on them. Were the springs clocked correctly?...the end of the spring should fall between the 2 holes in the LCA.
I didn’t tighten the bushing with any weight on them so that could be apart of the problem. I’ll loosen everything up and tighten them with weight under them tomorrow. I believe the springs are clocked correctly but I could always be wrong. The end of spring should be between the 2 holes circled? Thank you guys for all the help I really appreciate it. As far as travel goes Im not too concerned about it im still young enough that looks is more important then ride lol.
Product Bicycle part Font Composite material Auto part

·
time to get cereal
5,806 Posts
I prefer performance and predictable handling over both...

There should be a raised area past those holes that the end of the spring will stop at.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
30,689 Posts
The end of spring should be between the 2 holes circled? As far as travel goes Im not too concerned about it im still young enough that looks is more important then ride lol. View attachment 355521
Yes on the springs. It won't take long for the kidneys to complain...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I prefer performance and predictable handling over both...
yeah I can understand that but thankfully my daily commute in it consists of a 5 miles loop from homes to school back home to work and home again. In the future I’m thinking of changing it all to tubular control arms and coilovers with a 4 link and coilovers in the rear for autox or bagging it all the way around.

There should be a raised area past those holes that the end of the spring will stop at.
Will watch for that. Thank you

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey everyone I just want to say thank you for all the help with everything. After I loosened the bushing and torqued them with the suspension loaded and reclocked the springs the drivers side lowered down but now the passenger side is riding about a 1 higher then the driver side. Could this just be a case of the Chevy lean? Is there any particular way that the spring needs to be set into upper spring cup? The only way I could think of fixing this is pulling the spring and reclocking it in the upper spring cup if there is a particular way it needs to be in there, or pulling the spring and cutting a coil out of it.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

this is the drivers side
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

And here’s the passengers side. I have deleted the A/C i don’t know if that would make a big enough difference for it to sit this much higher on one side. Any help would be much appreciated.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts