S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be getting Belltech Lowering Spindles for my '98 S-10 ZQ8 and I was wondering if you need to have an alignment after you're all done adding the spindles. I figured since it's not changing anything geometrically, an alignment might not be needed... Anybody help?

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
OH yea...you will need an alignment...you will be able to see your tires pointing different directions just by looking at them...

·
Primer Spots
3,713 Posts
after i did my spindles the wheels were pointing in like crazy, it was a pain to even drive it to get it alighned, so yes you must do it.

·
Project ZO6 S-10
588 Posts
you have to get it aligned, I ended up paying like $60.

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
You can still see the marks in my sidewall and my whole tire is uneven for that week I drove it around with no alignment after spindling. :bash:

P

·
0 Posts
Well u should of gout your lazy ass up and got them aligned Zygote.

Geeez you are a wetod.

J/K

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yea it needs to be aligned... if you can there is a way to eyeball it and adjust the tie rod ends so it's more driveable. The guy that did mine was able to do that for me. Only thing is I paid 85 bucks for the alignment cause most places by me don't align lowered vehicles cause it's no longer stock specs or something. But for 85 bucks it came out perfect. Most places charge around 50 though

·
weatherman
2,159 Posts
i paid 85 for mine. you can get it close enough o drive but it takes some time. you just have adjust the tie rod sleeve. then measure the distance between the front tires from the back of the rim and from the front of the rim. it should be pretty close. this is how my grandfather told me to do it anyway and it worked pretty well. the guy said it was close but he still charged an arm and a leg because it is a lowrider.

·
Registered
485 Posts
or see if the alignment shop could install the spindles for you. Few of my good buddies work at a goodyear service center. They installed a guy's spindles for next to nothing since he paid full price for the alignment (pretty expensive)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts