S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK GUYS, I HAVE A 99 REG CAB STEPSIDE, V6, OK I HAVE 17 INCH ON 245/45/17 TIRES, I WANTED TO GO LOWER SO LAST TUESDAY I PUT BELLTECH 3 INCH COILS AND 2 INCH BLOCKS OUT BACK ON, IT TOOK A WHYLE BUT THE FRONT FINALLY SETTLED BUT IT WASNT LIKE THE PICS OF EVERYONES XTREMES I HAVE SAW WITH 3 INCH COILS, IT WAS BOUT LIKE STOCK, DO I DECIDED TO GO WITH SPINDLES. I PUT BELLTECH 2 INCH SPINDLES AND 3 INCH BLOCKS IN LAST NIGHT AND THE BACK LOOKS SMOOTH AS HELL BUT THE FRONT DID NOT DROP AT ALL. I PUT THE FACTORY ZQ8 SPRINGS BACK IN WITH THE SPINDLES, BUT IT DIDNT LOWER IT ANY??? IT LOOKS HIGHER NOW? WHATS UP WITH THAT? xTREME_21

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
i noticed this was a long time ago....i'm going with 2" belltech spindles myself in a couple of days did you figure out what the prob was?

·
Visual-Insanity.org
249 Posts
If you had the zq8 suspension package then you already had 2" coils... If you replaced them with 3" coils... you only lowered the truck another inch... there will not be much of a difference in stance. You need wither drop control arms or Spindles. I recommend Spindles.

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
thats the belltech 2100's right? i hope i got the right ones:)

·
Registered
674 Posts
Yea 2100's is what I just ordered......That is what fits all s-10 trucks....They should lower their is no reason why it wouldn't if installed correctly.....His spindles must be from AIM or something...

·
XA FOUNDER!
40 Posts
beltacks

helpfull hint too... the beltecks are normally stocked at baxters for only 147.00$ and are 149.99 from summit and I think you pay shipping with them, however in truckin' this month in the jcwitney section, they are only 139.99$ and are free shipping on anything in the ad. the deal is good until april eighth I think of 2002.
J

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
And don't look at my avatar for pic of X on 3" coils...go to my web site if you wanna see a dropped X with 3" coils and 2" blocks w/ the overload leaf pulled off!!!!:idea:

And If I was you..I would use the 3" block and pull a leaf on the rear. and for the front I would use the 3" coil and the 2" spindle!!

·
bagged after winter
2,721 Posts
So you think that w/a 3" block, and a pulled leaf would look ok/even with a 5 inch drop in front? i want a 4/5 drop, so how many inch blocks do i need for that w/a pulled leaf?
-RJ

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
PisOnCavalier said:
So you think that w/a 3" block, and a pulled leaf would look ok/even with a 5 inch drop in front? i want a 4/5 drop, so how many inch blocks do i need for that w/a pulled leaf?
-RJ
Yea...if your doing it to a ZQ8 truck..cuz they have 2" leafs already! the 3" block would be fine by itself, but taking the leaf out improves the ride SO MUCH!!! I would take it out and if you don' t like it.. put it back in..simple as that!!

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
i got the belltech nitro-drop shocks and they keep it from hitting the bumpstops....i can hear the truck draging all over the place when taking a corner and hitting a bump but its something you live with i guess.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts