S-10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm driving a 99 GMC Jimmy SLE 2wd and can't really find the stock spindles new in 2021 so was wondering if you could use the c5 knuckle from Corvette. Inspired by seeing the brake upgrade. Not interested in drop spindles and pre 97 don't work with the turn of the century. Looking for solutions before they're a problem.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Why do you need new spindles?
Most people only swap spindle ID they are lifting, lowering or have to replace a bad spindle.
There are brake upgrades that utilize stock spindles.

·
Registered
768 Posts
So I'm driving a 99 GMC Jimmy SLE 2wd and can't really find the stock spindles new in 2021 so was wondering if you could use the c5 knuckle from Corvette. Inspired by seeing the brake upgrade. Not interested in drop spindles and pre 97 don't work with the turn of the century. Looking for solutions before they're a problem.
If you can wait about a week to a week1/2 I'll sell you the ones I'm taking off my 04 2wd Blazer. I'm putting drop spindles online next weekend.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why do you need new spindles?
Most people only swap spindle ID they are lifting, lowering or have to replace a bad spindle.
There are brake upgrades that utilize stock spindles.
My goal is a small lift. Understand the don't swap it til it's necessary but I don't have the wait til it fails mentality. I'm replacing all the suspension parts if I can and would like back ups if I can keep old parts in good shape during removal make it a 40 year suv if I can

·
Registered
768 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts