S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Norcal
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
at first i had stock tires then i changed them to 245/ 50/16. after that for some reason i had speeometer problems and the guy from the dealer told me it was because of improper wheel size, so then he programmed it to the corect size but it didnt do anything because the computer didnt recognize the new sizes. so now I have the stock tires back on and I still have speedometer problems, it reads like 5-10 miles faster then im really going. What should i program my tire size with the power programmer if i have stock tires now but the computer is thinking i have 245/50's

·
S-Clusive's Jester
3,085 Posts
you'll have to get a hypertech power programmer III its about $300 you can probably get one at autozone or schucks.

·
Norcal
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have the hypertech power programmer III what size should i program my truck if stock it thinks it has 245/50 but in reality I have 235/55 which are stock it needs to be recalibrated and compensted becasue the stock settings of the truck think I have 245/50/16.

·
Norcal
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im thinking to program it to 26" becasue the height of a 245.50/16 i think is 25-3/4 so if i have stock it is a little bit higher????

1 - 5 of 5 Posts