S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy, I just changed the battery in my truck and when I started it the speedometer maxed out and it hasn't moved a bit, I have a 96 and everything I searched for seemed to apply for 98+ so does anybody know what's going on? My abs light is on but I don't really know why, the wheel studs broke on my front right wheel and I fixed everything up but there doesn't seem to be anything wrong except my rotor was flattened a bit on the bottom, but my abs is on anyway, though I should let you fellas know anyway just in case it has anything to do with it. (Yes I plan on replacing the rotor but I don't have the money to do so right now) any help is very much appreciated

·
the new guy
905 Posts
that's weird. I don't think the studs and speedo are related. I think its more the new battery but I don't know how. have you pulled the cluster lately?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that's weird. I don't think the studs and speedo are related. I think its more the new battery but I don't know how. have you pulled the cluster lately?
I haven't pulled the cluster out, the battery is a bit bigger than the last battery that was in it so I'm gonna disconnect the battery and reconnect it and see if anything happens

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I haven't pulled the cluster out, the battery is a bit bigger than the last battery that was in it so I'm gonna disconnect the battery and reconnect it and see if anything happens
So I disconnected the battery and reconnected it and 0 luck, I really don't know what could be wrong, do you think my vss is bad?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm thinking maybe it's something bad in the cluster because when I was starting it after putting in the new battery I think it was the speedometer? (Maybe the rpms I can't remember too well) started jumping around really fast and then I shut it off then came back later started my truck and it was maxed

·
the new guy
905 Posts
I have no idea man. nothing came up on google? when the studs broke, you were rolling? maybe the shock knocked some loose or shook something free on the transmission?

someone else will come on and help soon, I hope. my 98 doesn't have all the normal issues I read on here so I am not a big help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts