S-10 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, sorry if this is a common question but I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking at so it's hard to search effectively!

I'm swapping out the tranny on my 1999 s10, 2.2L, 5 speed manual, and the electrical connectors just below the shifter are different on the old and new trannys. The old one has one bolt on a little plate and just pushes in, the new one threads into the tranny body with a 3/4" plastic body.

I will post pictures later today, but has anyone heard of this? Otherwise the trannys are exactly the same. Is there an adaptor I can buy? Can I just buy a new connector and splice it into the wiring harness? I hope I don't have to buy a new wiring harness.

Thanks for all your help everyone, on this and many other questions I've had! This project is almost done!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello again, managed to get some pictures of what I'm talking about.
1999 s10, 2.2L, stock 5 speed manual NV1500
The old tranny says on it:

GBBD 15015873
M163463

New one says (and I'm not sure what year it's from, I didn't realize when I bought it it would have this issue; everything else is exactly the same)

GBFH 15045050
M168098

The old trans has the speed sensor in the first picture, the blades are parallel, like ( I I )

The new trans has the speed sensor in the second picture, the blades are in line, like ( - - )

Do I need a new wiring harness? An adaptor? Can I buy the connector for the speed sensor on the new trans and splice it in? I haven't been able to find any help on this.

Thanks for the help.
n

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the new one threads in, the old one pops in. I've tried but they are different sizes. Also to put the old in I'd need to drill and tap a new hole.

Has no one had this issue before? Does anyone know what model years the new transmission came off, so I could look for a new connecter to splice in?

·
Registered
1 Posts
the new one threads in, the old one pops in. I've tried but they are different sizes. Also to put the old in I'd need to drill and tap a new hole.

Has no one had this issue before? Does anyone know what model years the new transmission came off, so I could look for a new connecter to splice in?
You would have to splice a connector similar to the speed sensor (that threads in)
I got a pigtail from Advanced Auto Parts and spliced it into the harness and the s10 runs and drives good

·
B4U Task Force Admin
30,334 Posts
How do the new kids manage to bump dead threads? Check the dates on the threads before posting. Guidelines are in the Rule in the New Members section that you read.
Closed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.