S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
GMtruckHQ
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey is there any possibility that my speedo cable could be making sound????

·
ask me about my crabs
81 Posts
i don't know about in s-10's but the speedo cable in my nova made an awful sound when it was could, it was a little rattle behind the dash. Just had to keep the RPM's up so the dual glasspacks would drown it out

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
glasspacks on a nova?

·
ask me about my crabs
81 Posts
yeah it sounded a lot better than flowmasters my friend had on his mustang, thing just shaked the shit out of the neighbors houses when i had to warm it up in the morning

·
12,507 Posts
what year and engine was it? my uncle has a 1967 with a 327 bored to 331, and it sounded MEAN with Flows on.

·
ask me about my crabs
81 Posts
oh i had a set of trickflow cylinderheads, edelbrock performer rpm intake, holley 750 carb, forgred pistons, and a high perform cam, thing coulda got 550 hp easy but i donwtuned it since i only had a two bolt block that was about 30 years old

·
12,507 Posts
damn. my uncle totally built his engine himself, but sold it before i really got into cars/trucks, so i dont know much about it. i was going to buy it from him when i turned 16, but he sold it before i could buy it.

·
ask me about my crabs
81 Posts
i don't know, i never fully tuned it cause i didn't want to break the bottom end. BTW i never did have it dynoed, should put that, my friend had a similar setup and got 600 hp at the flywheel, so i was just guessing

how about we get back on to kevins question, there is a reason i have a blazer now not a nova

·
GMtruckHQ
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thank you then does anyone know what would be making this sound come from behind the dash? its kinda weird like a rough light sound

·
ask me about my crabs
81 Posts
i have no exp but what about maybe one of the needles for the gauges scraping the face of the gauge, idk just a guess, and they are usually wrong

·
GMtruckHQ
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hmmm i dont think thats it cuz its at idle as well

·
GMtruckHQ
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
would needing new tranny fluid be a problem

·
ask me about my crabs
81 Posts
well if its at idle its not going to be the speedo cable anyway, and when i get low on trans fluid, assuming auto, it just takes more rpm's to get it moving when its cold, otherwise i couldn't see how

1 - 20 of 24 Posts