S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am changing over the rear end from a 3.42 to a 3.73 posi. Do you guys have any tricks to solving the problem with out taking it to a shop. It's a '94 S-10 Extended Cab with a TBI 4.3 motor. Is there a way to correct it with a Scan Tool. Its an Auburn Gear, but from the sounds of it, it is not a popular choice. I will give it a try.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I'm not positive but I think the 94's still have a DRAC module. It is near the ECM and is what calibrates the speedo. All you would need to do is find a 4 banger truck with the 3.73's from the factory. Plug in that DRAC and you're done.

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
or you might be able to get a new gear for your vss unit in the tranny/t-case wichever applys. I'd ask at the dealer bout them.

·
T/A drivin foundin member
538 Posts
Tha_Boom said:
or you might be able to get a new gear for your vss unit in the tranny/t-case wichever applys. I'd ask at the dealer bout them.
not tryin to be a pita, but VSS is the Vehicle Speed sensor, its a little magnet and ring thingy on one/both of the front axles, whereas the older models (pre ABS) have the old style cable driven speedo, in which case, swapping the gear would work. kill two birds with one stone and get the HPP.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts