S-10 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Oops...Dropped it
204 Posts
Put a 4.3 in it. Or better yet a V8 conversion. There's not too many performance parts that I know of for the 2.8L. Sorry bud. I suppose a K&N, Exhaust, Cam, NOS, Port&Polish work is possible...but you're better off saving your money for a bigger engine! Later.

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
He's right..there just isn't much you can do to them. You can buy alum. intake, cam & liter set...but I did that...wasn't to impressed. I have a 2.8L and 5speed out of mine that you can buy....I went V8 with mine. just need to finish it up now.

·
Registered
745 Posts
The 2.8 is not made for speed

I have about 8 of them(junk) that I have changed out for people who ran them here on the autobahn.The oiling system is not good enough for sustained speeds,and this gets the rear main journal everytime!Dont throw your money away.For everyday transport ,If you dont dog them to much they are decent.

·
T/A drivin foundin member
538 Posts
heres what we did with mine:

overbore

deck the heads

cam + lifters

3 angle valve job

port &polish it a new @hole

high compression pistons

repaced every gasket, bearing etc, with highest quality parts

it moves!

·
Redneck Off-Road
1,047 Posts
I think the 2.8 can be made into a pretty good performer. I don't see why oiling is a problem, and I have no problems at all running 90-100 up and down the interstate 2-3 hrs at a time. And this truck is stock:D:D cept for tires, and this custom hole I put before the muffler;). I'll be adding a cam+lifters, upgraded pushrods/valve springs, edlebrock intake mainfold with a 390 cfm 4bbl, ported/polished heads with upgraded valves. If I'm still not happy it'll get a supercharger, and add a lil juice. Also will get a shift kit for the trans. It has no problem beating up on all these lil ricers, and I'll pick on the new fullsize rams all day long and win every time. Beat a 2k2 maxima last night.

·
Registered
48 Posts
BadAss_S10_2002 said:
Beat a 2k2 maxima last night.
you beat a 255hp low 14 sec car with THAT pos? :troutslap man this thread is really old....

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Really dude... Thats like claiming you ran a 14.8 with a car thats 7 years old and all it has is a cold air and a rice muffler......Hate BS like that............:scary:

·
538 Posts
umm my car will run high 12's/low 13's stock no rice muffler needed:monkey:

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
ONEBDGMC said:
umm my car will run high 12's/low 13's stock no rice muffler needed:monkey:
And that car would be what?:dunno:

·
538 Posts
2001 Trans Am LS-1

·
Registered
157 Posts
I use to have a 84 with a 2.8 in it.I did a few engine mods to it but by far the best improvement on it was a b&m shift kit,it would chirp em in second gear every time.It was a pretty doggy truck but it sounded sweet with the kit.

·
538 Posts
All im saying is dont call someones truck a pos:soap:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts