S-10 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to take off that damn governer (speed limiter) on the 2.2 5 speeds...i hate that damn speed limiter...help please

·
Registered
33 Posts
hey dude i gotta suggestion for ya.......if you wanna go the cheap way. take a look at your transmission on the driver side.. there is a plug-in with 2 wires, dissconnect it. the down fall to this is that your speedometer won't work. if you're like me you know when your truck is shutting off with that damn governer, so take it easy and don't blow it up...lol later

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright thats cool, I went to the GM dealership and they said that they can't custom burn my computer so i guess i'll have to go the cheap way. So are you for certain that it works. If i unplug it and go to plug it back up later will it mess anything up? Just holla back.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
alright i got it figured out...there is a place on the passengers side just unplug it...and the speed limiter is gone!!!!!

·
RICE RACER
3 Posts
Did this about a half year ago, works great speedo dosn't work but the tach does, had a friend follow me in his z28 and he said we were doing around 110. I was at 5500 rpm befor i left off but thats the fastest i could get wothout the thing sounding like it was going to blow! don't push it much more than that guys!! has anyone gone faster?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
An accord followed me down I-40 and they cut off at 118...he tryed to go around me and when he got beside me he started cuttin off...so i was going somewhere around 120 casue i started pulling from him

1 - 7 of 7 Posts