S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
The White
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there any way to disable the spped limiter with out buying the programmer??

·
Registered
893 Posts
asechips.com will remove the damn thing but you gotta send ur ecm to them or you could disconnect the vss, a kill switch is better though

·
Registered
42 Posts
W/O a chip run a switch to the VSS (vehicle speed sensor) coming out of the transmission. I cant exactly remember the color of wire but it will be on the drivers side. Someone else may be able to help with the exact color of it.

Dc

·
Registered
138 Posts
if you have auto you can get a SCU2000 from jet chips it will take out the 92 mph BS BUT if you have a 5 speed it WILL NOT HELP YOU why I dont know

·
Registered
88 Posts
U do not need a chip or anything expensive of that nature. All you need is like a 5 dollar 2 wire toggle switch and about 30 minutes (if ur slow!).

email for directions on how to get rid of the speed limiter.

[email protected]

by the way, this is for the speed limiter, not the rev limiter.

installation is entirely inside of vehicle, no need to go into the engine bay.

I am a car audio installer so the install took me like 15 minutes.

Installation is stealth, toggle switch is hidden, no one will know-because in reality it is against the law to do this, but hey.....

·
0 Posts
my 95 2.2 cuts aff at 95mph. But i think my speedo is screwed up when i nail it at 80 it drops to 75 yet it feels faster my frekin gps is broke so i dunno. sts has a chip for 94-97 that removes govenor.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I would have to agree with ya there man, that would be my first guess, does it seem to go the correct speed say around 55?:confused:

·
0 Posts
yeah i think it does. How Long should it take these 4 bangers to get to 60? Every time it shift the speedo jump a real quick 5 mph yet i dont feel like im gettin thrown back. I definatly think its screwy im gonna get the gps workin so i can have my bro ride with me and tell me.

·
Registered
42 Posts
sounds good, I was thinking if it is just totally crazy acting it may be you VSS, but I would still think its the speedo, Hope ya get it figured out:thumbup:

·
Registered
43 Posts
govenor

I want to put my vss on a toggle but someone told my its not good at all for the transmission. Could someone who has done it tell me how thier tranny is doin.

·
Registered
42 Posts
If you have a 5 speed I know for sure that it isn't going to hurt it. As far as the auto, I really wouldn't think so but Im not sure.:thumbup:

·
Registered
43 Posts
limiter

thanks man. mine's a 5 speed and love it. do you know what it will top out at with the vss turned off.

·
Registered
43 Posts
govenor

yeh i heard your needle wont work. ill have to do it and get a friend to follow me so i can find out. all that really matters is that the guy your racing stays behind you.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Okie about the VSS. this is what i got from sonomapilot on SSF.
Its highly illegal and incredibly unsafe. No tach, no speedo, no odometer, no abs, and a whole lotta warning lights. Im sure doing this long term and often enough will eventually screw something up bad.
anyway how to do it.
Its on the passenger side of the tranny look for two plugs and pull the rearward one. so thats the wire to splice into if your gonna do the toggle switch thing i believe. If im wrong someone correct me id hate to have mislead anyone and screw their truck up. Oh yea tape up the plug hole and secure the loose wire. He said he has a GPS thing and it read his speed at over 120. AS for 0-60 times im going to a 1/8 track on friday so ill try to do the old stopwatch run and ill post my times on the boards.
ONCE AGAIN I DONT CONDONE IT, THATS JUST HOW I HEARD ITS DONE

·
Registered
43 Posts
limiter

thanks for the info on what happens when you cut the vss. that was what im looking for. i want to do it but dont want to hurt my tranny. i would only have it shut off when im in a street race where we would be going over 95. would occasional uses like that be damaging to my tranny. please help.....

·
Registered
920 Posts
i doubt it if its not very often and only for short periods of time. dont leave it off just driving around.

·
Registered
43 Posts
govenor

definately. thats what i was wanting to know. thanks for the info.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts