S-10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i guess theres a governor at 98 mph on my truck. i was just curious as how to take it out, and if anyone has and what they topped out at?

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
you can reset it to 128 with the hypertech programmer, or have a custom flash to set it higher, but its impossible to delete, from all ive read about it. however, youi can get it flashed to higher than any S-10 would ever be capable of going.

·
12,507 Posts
mach performance is the only place i know of. no idea about the "how" its done, tho.

·
THE ONE THE ONLY
141 Posts
it really depends on what you want done sometimes you have to ship off the whole computer...but thats for some major shit!! i'd say they proably ask you what you want done and send out a flash programmer(like hypertech but more specific) and plugs into the plud in your dash...but i'm just guessing cause yeah if you have to send off your computer that would reallyyyyyyyyyyyyy suck

·
12,507 Posts
yeah, but theyre hella expensive. why would you want a new one?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just curious. arent there "performance" computers you can buy? i really dont know much about this stuff, just what ive heard from other people.

·
12,507 Posts
not that i know of. there's an LS1 edit for S-10 computers, or you can do the mach reflash, which i believe is better because they customize the program to the mods on your truck. a computer is just a computer, its the software inside that makes them different for different vehicles (generally).

·
98 4.3 V6 5 spd black ext
82 Posts
There are some "*******" mods that you can do to disable your speed governer...but I personally wouldn't advise them.

They involve a switch that disconnects the speedometer temporarily therefore tricking the computer into thinking you're going 0 mph. Problem with that, is you won't have an accurate mileage count on your vehicle, cause your odometer won't work either.

·
12,507 Posts
no idea. it has something to do with timing advance, A/F ratio, things like that i think, but other than that, its just something i read about a long time ago on here.

·
98 4.3 V6 5 spd black ext
82 Posts
If I remember correctly, the ls1 edit was some sort of open source program that would allow you to modify the settings on your computer. It's a piece of software that will work like the hypertech programmer, only without the limitations.

I don't know much more than that, just that it wasn't ready for my truck back when I first researched it. I think that was a year ago.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts